LOOSE ENDS

Y/n's View

I look over at Hailee and see her on her phone.

"Are you-" I ask.

"Shh, we're watching a movie." Hailee says.

"So why are you on your phone?" I ask.

"Shh." Hailee says.

I glare at her and she giggles. I take her phone and she hits me.

I get up and run upstairs.

"Y/n!" Hailee says chasing me.

I laugh and run in the room. Hailee tackles me on the bed and I groan. She pries her phone out of my hand and I sigh.

"I always knew a girl would be on top of me but I didn't think it would be like this." I say.

She laughs and I smile.

"What text is so important that it can't wait until the end of Rush Hour 2? That's the best one!" I say.

"You wanna read it?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

She unlocks her phone and hands it to me.

"You'll have to meet her, I love her so much." I read.

"You can tell your mom you love me but you can't tell me that?" I ask.

She laughs and I smile.

"I love you too." I say.

She smiles and kisses me. She puts her hand under my shirt and I grab her hand.

"Hailee, I wanna do this with you but I wanna wait. I have to leave soon and I wanna do this when I don't have to leave right after." I say.

"Okay, I get it." Hailee says.

I smile and she kisses me.

Time Skip; Hailee's View

"So why did she just jump out of the car?" I ask

"It's faster than getting out. You know, the goal of a speedrun is to be fast." Griffin says.

"Uh-huh." I say.

"Can she get a new personal record?" I ask looking at the stopwatch on the screen.

"She's gonna get world record by 3 seconds if she keeps this pace right." Griffin says.

"She's such a try hard." Griffin mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"You see what she's doing, that jump is unnecessary. It's risky that it could end a run." Griffin says.

I watch Y/n's eyes move rapidly and she presses the enter key.

"Time! 52:75, a new world record." The announcer says.