Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

                In the morning, I was hit with the reality that last night really did happen and I was still a stupid girl. Prayers couldn’t do everything. There were no missed calls or unanswered texts. I groaned.

“Bay, please answer me,” I said, as the familiar rings played from my phone. Bailey didn’t answer, not that I was expecting anything different. I lay back down, throwing my phone across the room. I rolled over and turned on my radio. Music flooded out, filling the oppressive room. I fell asleep, letting my conscious mind forger about her, only if for a few hours. Luckily when I woke up, I couldn’t remember my dreams so she couldn’t pollute my mind further.

                I groggily stumbled out to the living room. Maddy greeted me, chirpy as usual, jumping up and down. Mom was still in her pajamas and on her laptop.

“You’re awake?” Mom snorted. I nodded, too tired to speak. “Did you drink last night?”

“I wish,” I mumbled, going into the kitchen. I grabbed a pop tart and made my way back to my bedroom. Leo cornered me on the way there.

“It’s two o’clock,” He said, crossing her arms over his chest.

“Thanks for the announcement,” I said, sarcastically and trying to push my way through him.

“What’s your problem?”

“Nothing.”

“I’m your dad. You can talk to me about anything.” I glared at him. He wasn’t my real dad. He wasn’t even a real dad to Maddy, his actual daughter. Anyways I’m not even going to tell my real dad what happened. It was too embarrassing.

                I walked away and went back to my room, locking it. I tried studying, but I ended up watching Family Guy on Netflix and staring at my phone. No calls ever came. The next day was agonizing.

                I normally hung out with Bailey, but I was pretty sure that wouldn’t happen. I just hid out in the library, doing the studying that I didn’t get done yesterday.

                Chemistry was the worst. Bailey was sitting right there within arm’s reach and we just sat there like we were complete strangers. Through my curtain of hair I watched her. She looked so sick and frail. Dark shadows were under his eyes like she hadn’t slept much this weekend. Her skin was so much paler where it was bruised. Small red dots painted under her skin giving her some color. The whole time her hands were shaking. I wanted to hold her hand and comfort her, but fear stopped me. I wanted to talk to her, do something, but I had to wait for her to come to me. This was going to be the death of me. By the end of the class, I burst.

“Bailey, I’m sorry,” I whispered. Her tired, brown eyes glanced over at me, but she didn’t say anything. Then the bell rang. She got up without a goodbye and left.

“Desiree, the bell rang,” Mr. Matthews said, shuffling papers from behind his desk. I nodded, getting up and leaving. My mind didn’t understand what was happening. How could I have offended her so badly she couldn’t even speak or hardly look at me? Was being kissed by a girl that bad? Why was I so stupid? Bailey needed me and now I had just freaked her out so much she didn’t even want to look at me! She was so scared and I let her down. I had no idea what I could do to fix it. I knew I wouldn’t stop trying until it was fixed though.

                The rest of the day went downhill from there. All anyone could do was complain about their problems. None of them tried to fix anything. What to do about the guy who you like says he likes you too, but won’t stop bending over backwards for his ex? Obviously, he isn’t ready to be in another relationship and if you did date, he would just be dating you to move on. Why put yourself through that? No girl needs a guy who can’t stick with one girl. Show some self-respect. Also to the girl who keeps dating the same guy over and over, and expecting different results, that is the definition of insanity. Dump him and separate yourself from that. You’re too good for that. Lastly to the boy who is too afraid to stand up to his crazy girlfriend, if someone is making you so miserable and won’t let you lives your life: leave her. I know it’s hard, but living a lie is worse. Do whatever you can to be happy, at least try. It’s your life, not his, hers, your parents, or anybody else’s.