Chapter Three:

Chapter Three:

“Hey, whore,” Bailey said, slapping my butt as she walked on by. I grinned, blushing at her touch. Her smile back to me, made my heart want to explode.

“What’s up whore?” I asked, deciding to play her game. Bailey laughed at my feeble attempt.

“There is a party Saturday night. You wanna go?” She asked, putting her elbow on my shoulder. Did I want to spend time with the girl of my dreams? Hell yeah! But, pull yourself together Dezzy; be cool, calm, and collected.

“Whose is it?” I asked, being cool and somewhat normal.

“Tim’s, Dana’s boyfriend,” Baily answered.

“Yeah, sure. You wanna ride together?”

“Sounds good to me,” she smiled. It’s a date, I thought. If only.

“Cool,” was all I could bring myself to say without sounding stupid.

“Yeah, well I better getting going to English. I’ll see you tonight at conditioning, right?”

“Yep,” I reassured her.

“Good, bye,” she said, walking away,”whore,” she added with a wink. I stood there like a love lust puppy, watching after her. I wanted her to turn around so I could see that beautiful smile of hers. She didn’t. That was probably for the best. I didn’t need her to see the effect she had on me. How could I explain myself out of that one? There was a black mark on her butt this time. Yeah, that would go over so smoothly.

                I needed to cut this cord before I lost my friendship with her for good and break my heart. Not until after Saturday though. I couldn’t bear to just now. I didn’t know why, but my gut told me to wait. Or maybe it was my lovesick heart. Either way I was listening to it.

                The bell rang, signaling me how late I was to Drama. Well at least Ms. Fisher would be so frazzled she wouldn’t notice me sneaking in late. Thank goodness for the ‘elite’ teachers of Kecoughtan.

                Sure enough, Ms. Fishers was yelling at some loud mouth debate teamer and a football player who had been arguing about politics. Yay for free speech! Unless you didn’t agree with Ms. Fisher, then you were creamed. Poor football player. He never had a fair chance with that liberal mind of his.

“Why were you late?” My friend, Cam asked. She was tiny with short, black hair that crazy colored streaks running through it.

“I…” I paused, looking for a good lie to tell her. If I told her I was talking to a friend, she would automatically assume that it was with a girl I liked no matter what I said or did. It wasn’t even worth the try.  No one knew about my crush on Bailey. It was too dangerous. Nothing could ruin my friendship with Bailey. “Long line at the bathroom.”

“Oh,” she said, swallowing my lie. “These bathrooms are disgusting. Did you hear about what happened in the bathroom near the gym?” I shook my head, no. With that gesture, I earned a story about how a girl left her used pad on the sink, and the long rant that came with it. I checked out of the conversation because it was so gross.

                The rest of drama went like this. Well Cam cut down on the gross talk. We did nothing in this class because, well to be honest, Ms. Fisher was a terrible teacher. A great actress in her day, but in today’s world she just sat behind a desk and yelled at anyone disagreed with her. I wish I wasn’t taking this class. I could of token a class that meant something, but I was stupid and didn’t. Too late now.

                I went to government last. We did a lot of work as always. I wished teachers would find a happy medium instead of no work to Mount Everest amounts of work. Alas, I have yet to find a teacher to do so.