Rules and regulations

Alice

"So your name is Alice? Poor child, to be given such a name!" The queen looked at me with disgust and sympathy at the same time, I only shrugged at her response.

I quietly wished that I hadn't come back to the castle, and figured that I might have been better off with the Ten of Hearts, no matter how awkward our conversations would be.

The queen picked up her cup of tea and put it to her lips, drinking the warm substance. I was sure that she was enjoying it until she violently slammed the cup down.

"Cold! Cold! It's too cold!" She complained, and I really just wanted to tell her to deal with it, but I didn't want my head chopped off. She threw her servant a glanced and shouted, "hang her!" Guards came and pulled the poor woman to her feet. They hauled her away, leaving me with a sickly stomach.

Oliver sat upright in his seat, pulling a piece of paper out and handing it to the queen. She smiled at it, and looked up at me.

"My dear," she began, "I do realize that you need a place to stay?" I nodded, not really sure where she was going with this. The queen put the paper in front of me and said, "sign it."

I looked at her suspiciously. Did I want to stay at her castle? Of course not! I wouldn't get a wink of sleep, thinking that she would come in and murder me!

I rejected the signature for the moment and asked, "why do I need to sign it?"

She threw her head back and laughed. What was so funny?

"Dear, we need to keep track of these things!" I wasn't sure about her answer, it sounded like an excuse. 'I need some time to think' yes, that's true.

"... Is there a restroom anywhere? Pardon my asking..." I tried to be polite while questioning, but the queen rudely pointed to the hall.

'Not only is she sick, but rude too!' I couldn't help but think that as I walked to the bathroom. I was slightly disappointed as I realized that it was all black, red, and white. The same color her palace is painted.

I stood over the sink, looking down into it. Filling it with water, I rinsed my face, feeling refreshed and ready to make an answer.

'It can't be that bad, and besides, where else would you sleep?' I tried to convince myself that I would be okay, but I really felt like I wasn't.

I dipped my finger into the water, drawing swirls in my reflection. 'If only I could make a decision!' I thought. 'I wish I could!'

As if a genie had appeared and said, "so you have wished it, so it shall be!" The water in the sink was not a mirror reflection of me, no, it was of the queen and Oliver!

I jumped back in surprise, do all sinks in wonderland do this? I looked down and found that I could hear them too!

"She better sign that contract!"

"Y-yes, your highness!"

"Tell me, why do we need her?"

"W-well, when she opens the way to get back to her home, the outside world, we could follow her and take over her world!"

"And just why couldn't we do this earlier?"

"The hole closed, your highness"

"Hmmm... So your saying... That I would have more people to behead, if that were the case?"

"Yes..."

"And more land to rule?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Hmmm... And Alison would get her long awaited revenge?"

"You mean... The first Alice?"

"Well, she is a queen now. Who else would I be talking about?"

I didn't listen to the rest of what they said because I was too busy processing their voices through my mind.

'I'm being used?' I thought, 'they want to take over my world?' I couldn't allow that to happen. One question burned at the back of my mind.

'Why was I brought here?' Was Chess apart of this too? After all, he did bring me here.

It seemed as if every friend I had right now was gone. Although, I never really had a friend, the ones I knew were evil. 'The only person,' I thought, 'is the Ten of Heart's' he seemed nice, but...

He works for the queen, doesn't he?

I feel officially stumped at this point. What had I done to deserve this? Why did I have to lose everyone?

Fate. It was the way fate worked. I knew it was.

I turned out of the bathroom and fled, doing my best to find my way out of the castle.

'I am never!' I thought, 'ever coming back here again!'

_______________________________

Other than taking a long walk, I didn't know what I was doing. I walked through the forest and pushed past a couple of bushes before coming upon a road filled with laughter. People were busy strolling back and forth. I made my way toward the dirt road and looked at the buildings around me, surprise that they would be all the way out here.

Walking toward's a building, I read the sign next to it which had the words "Pepper Cafe" engraved on it. I pushed the door open and walked in, looking all around the room. It was pretty plain, but seemed to get some good business from the looks of all the customers. I found the only available seat next to a table of three, who seemed quite odd.

"Pass me the tea, please!"

"Oy! Doormouse! Don't move, your making my arm uncomfortable!"

"Lilly, Tillie and..."

"We can't afford to hear your story right now! It can wait!"

A man, another rabbit male, and a small boy with ears were chattering back and forth and saying the strangest things. I hung my head down and sighed, why was I here? It was kind of scary, the way my feet automatically moved without my brain telling them where to go. Honestly, I wanted to go to the pet shop next door.

"My dear!" I looked up suddenly, and found that the man next to me, the one with the slick red hair and long, tall hat, was trying to grab my attention.

"Oh... Yes?" I nodded towards the man, and he seemed quite pleased.

"Your all alone!"

"Why... Yes, I am"

"Come, sit with us!"

So, being the polite lady that I was, I swapped tables and found myself sitting at The odd table of Three.

-------------------------------------------------

So... Comment, vote, blah blah.

Is this good? Even if no one is reading it, I am STILL gonna write... Who knows... Some one might read it one day.