My heart does not love you

Okay, so nobody has been reading, but that's okay, because I'm still going to write this anyways.

So, like, comment, vote, read!

-------------------------------------------------

Alice

Tick, tock, Tick, tock

That was the only noise made in the attic, and it was aggravating too. I looked around and noticed that I was inside a real clock, with gears everywhere, turning and spinning.

I really thought that this was a dream, it was so unreal... So.... Cool...

"Excuse me, but do you have permission to be up here?" I took a startling deep breath in and gasped as I turned around, coming face to face with a stranger.

The boy looked to be about fifteen or sixteen, and he was dressed in rich and fancy clothing made for combat.

"B-but who are you?" I asked, feeling like I couldn't trust this guy. He didn't say anything, so I supposed that he wanted me to answer first.

"My name is Alice. Your is...?"

He didn't answer then either, no, he only said, "your to be handed over to Oliver Fair, under his orders" Oliver Fair? Who was he? I didn't say anything as he came closer and closer. I really expected him to hurt me but....

Holding his hand out he said, "we should be getting along, Mr.Fair doesn't like it when I'm late"

I took his hand without thinking and followed him as he pulled me downstairs. 'Just who is this person?' I thought, but I didn't ask for his name again.

We came to the ground floor. A man in his mid-twenties was waiting for us apparently, because he seemed all-to-eager to greet me.

"Are you, by any chance, Alice?" I nodded, but the minute I did, he clutched at my hips and hugged me tightly.

"G-get off!" I yelled, frantically pushing him away, but it was no use. He smelled my hair and I was tempted to call him a smelling pervert, but I kept quiet. The other guy who found me earlier pried the pervert off of me, and I said my thanks when he did.

"Alice, my dear, I have been waiting so long!" He hugged me again, and his fingers ran through my hair. I squeaked and said, "p-please! Keep your hands to yourself! Don't... Don't touch me!" The man pulled away, and the other guy to my right said, "Mr.Fair, she seems slightly... Scared..." The person who I had identified as "Mr.Fair" was seething with rage, furiously making hand motions with no voice. The other boy seemed a bit frightened.

"I- you- argh! She is mine, you hear me? MINE!" I felt scared and backed up into a wall. Bunny ears suddenly popped up from Mr. Fairs head of hair.

'So... He's a rabbit?' I thought, and looked to the other person. 'I wonder who he is?'

I had to admit, things were getting stranger and stranger.

"Ten of Hearts! Go back to your post!" The other guy saluted and said, "yes sir." I silently pondered if their was really a 'Ten of Hearts'

The bunny man and I were left alone. I pulled my arms close to myself and kept a distance.

"Hmmm..." Oliver said, " tell me, what do you think of Wonderland?"

I really had to stop and contemplate the question. I knew I liked it but... I didn't.

The people here weren't all that friendly, and everyone either loves me or thinks of me as an annoyance. And yes, the scenery is beautiful and all, but that's not a very good reason.

Plus, how do I get home? Or can I even get back?

"It's okay" I lied, there were more cons than pros. The man in front of me smiled.

"Hmm... In that case, I think i'll take you to see the queen." His reply was pretty random, but I agreed, just for the sake of not being hugged again.

_______________________________

"Behead him!" Came a startling voice, one full of anger and rage. I stood beside Mr. Fair as the woman in front of us demanded the poor maids death. After all, she only forgot to put a cherry in her dessert! I nudged Oliver and asked in a hushed voice, "why behead her? She didn't do anything bad!" I expected the stalker to agree with me, but he shook his head.

"No, I think it's a reasonable punishment." Just how could he think that this was O.K? The maid didnt do anything seriously wrong!

I sat patiently, listening to the queen yell, "behead her!" Every other second, and it got to a point to where I couldn't stand it. I looked over to Oliver and told him that I was going to take a breather, and I rejoiced when he said that it was okay.

'Ah... The air...' It whipped across my face in a soft manner. I smiled and spread my arms, feeling the suns rays.

"Oh... Isn't it, Alice?" I looked over to see the Ten of Hearts standing around, doing nothing. I nodded, acknowledging his presence.

"Well, um... I didn't really get to talk to you at Mr.Fairs..." That was true, but I wonder why? It seemed like his mouth was glued shut when we first met.

"Yeah... You were really quiet!" He shrugged mumbling something that I didn't quite catch.

"Um, pardon?"

"Mr.Fair... Doesn't want me around you."

I could understand why, from the rabbits point of view. He was probably jealous and didnt want anybody to 'steal me' from him. Or, at least, that's what I think.

"Yeah... He is definitely jealous!" I commented, "but... Do you have any idea why Oliver would drag me here?" The Ten of hearts shrugged, but after a minute or two...

"Maybe he wants you to work with the queen" work with the queen...?

"R-really? I don't think I would enjoy that..." The thought of beheading people all the time made me sick to my stomach. The Ten of Hearts nodded, "it's really boring, and you get treated like nothing all of the time" I nodded, suddenly thinking about how normal he seemed, compared to the others.

"Well... It was a real pleasure meeting you, and although I really don't want to... I guess I should go" I shook hands with him, and tried to pull away, but his hand was clasped tightly onto mine.

'Why isn't he letting go?'

My question was answered as he softly kissed my cheek. I blushed out of embarrassment and asked, "what was that for?"

He smiled, "you don't treat me like I'm nothing"

I felt happy that somebody finally like me, but I wasn't sure if it was like... Or love already. I said goodbye and walked off, toward the Castle of Hearts, not really harboring any romantic feeling towards the Ten of Hearts.

----------------------------------------------------

So I just had this super good idea, and, well, yeah. But I am not gonna tell u what it is.

Anyways, comment, vote, blah blah blah.

Surprise! Finally had a chapter that did NOT include the Cheshire Cat! Well, he is my favorite character, after all...

Like I said, vote, comment...