relapse | A/F

Nat x daughter
Reader's age: 15

Warnings: mentions of sh, eating disorder

—————————-
Readers pov:
A year ago my mom found out that I was harming myself. On the same day I told her about my problems with eating.
Back then I'd keep count of all the calories I ate. It was so exhausting, honestly.

I'm way better now though. Mom, told me she'd always be there for me and she didn't break that promise. Every time I felt like relapsing she was there for me.

Harming myself hasn't been on my mind, at all. two to three months ago I stopped to feel the urge to cut or to harm myself in any way and let me tell you, it feels awesome.

Well, my eating disorder recovery is a whole different story. It was hard for me to accept that I needed help and needed to get better if I didn't want to die.

I started off small with 1 proper meal a day. Later on it turned into 2 meals and now I even eat snacks in between the meals.

Of course I still have some fear foods that I need to challenge. Like hot chocolate for example. I can eat ice cream and cake but a hot chocolate? Nope, haven't had the guts yet.

———————-

I really really thought I was almost at the end of my recovery. I guess I was wrong there, hm.

Lately, I've been trying to skip a few meals without my mom noticing. I don't know if she still noticed though. Maybe she has?

She didn't talk to me about it yet so that's good, right? I don't know.

Maybe she's waiting for me to come around and tell her? I don't know about that either.

Either way, I don't really care. I just wanna eat a little less, you know. It's hard and it hurts to see that old pairs of jeans that I wore during my lowest point in my eating disorder don't fit me anymore.

I try not to look into the mirror too often because I know that what I'd see wouldn't be very pleasant for me.

————————

It's been a few weeks since I started to eat less. I can see some changes. My ribs are more visible now and my cheekbones stand out more but it's not enough. It's never enough.

Mom has been on a week long mission and is supposed to be back today. I'm a little anxious about that.

Mostly because I lost a big amount of weight this last week and she'll probably notice and be very disappointed. I don't want to disappoint her. Again.

I feel so helpless. On one side I just wanna lose all the fat on my body and just take control again but on the other side I know what I'm doing is wrong and that it's not even beautiful anymore.

————————

Mom just got back. Normally I'd run down the stairs straight into her arms after missions but I had no energy today.

I've just been laying in bed all day staring at the ceiling above me.

I didn't really notice someone entering the room until I heard someone say "Hey I knocked but I got no answer. You okay, sweetheart?". The soft and sweet voice of my mother filled my ears.

I've missed her. A small smile crept onto my face at the sound of her voice and her scent that was now filling my room.

"I'm fine... I think"

"Hmm well, I was thinking as my mission was a full success we could celebrate it with going to a restaurant?"

I felt so guilty, I didn't even ask her how her mission went. God, I'm so selfish.