𝘅𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽𝘀 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

chapter twelve

chapter twelve

three steps back

    CORDELIA WOKE UP to the shrill sound of Sam's voice as he spoke on the phone and the ruffle of the covers as Dean sat up

    CORDELIA WOKE UP to the shrill sound of Sam's voice as he spoke on the phone and the ruffle of the covers as Dean sat up. He rubbed his hand over his eyes as Sam's voice caught his attention.

"-Well, we're fine. Dad, where are you?" Sam's voice was rushed as he held the phone to his ear.

Cordelia had yet to announce to the Winchesters that she was awake, instead, her eyes widened into her pillow as she realised something. She had kissed Dean. She kissed him.

Oh, shit. What if it was awkward now?

So, whilst Cordelia had an internal panic with herself ⸻ the ongoing phone call went unheard to her. There was a beat of silence before Sam's voice was heard, frustration was held in his tone, "What?! Why not?!"

Dean frowned at the back of Sam's head, a confused look written across his features. "Is that Dad?" He asked, swallowing roughly as he briefly let his eyes fall onto the sleeping girl beside him.

Dean was just as confused as she was ⸻ he, too, had that same internal panic. Only now, that was being replaced by thoughts of his Dad. He had been awake for a while earlier on, thinking about what had happened between them, and now with the topic of John Winchester in mind, his brain went elsewhere.

We haven't got time for you to be messing around with girls, Dean, we've got a job to do, John would say to him. Dean could practically hear John saying that in his head whilst giving him that stern, pointed look that screamed 'you do as I say', and everyone who knew Dean, knew he did not like to disappoint his father.

"You're after it, aren't you? The thing that killed Mom?" Sam asked John, Dean's question going unheard. It was now, that Cordelia decided it'd be a good idea to wake up, Sam's words caused her attention to flit to him, ignoring the burn on the side of her face as Dean glanced over at her.