𝘃. 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

chapter five

chapter five

dead in the water

    "WHY AM I doing this again?" Cordelia asked, turning to Dean with a frown etched upon her face

"WHY AM I doing this again?" Cordelia asked, turning to Dean with a frown etched upon her face. The Winchester glanced up at her, diverting his stare from the newspaper that was sat on the table as he searched for their next case.

"Because, Cordy-"

Cordelia shook her head, rolling her lips into her mouth. "Not close enough for nicknames, Dean."

Dean rolled his eyes exaggeratively and pulled a face, "Because, Cordelia, I need some me time."

The brunette couldn't help but scoff and roll her eyes at his words. "Bullshit. Sam's been gone for all of two minutes and you suddenly-" She paused as she watched his attention flit to the blonde waitress who passed their table with a flirty smile on her lips. Cordelia's mouth formed an o as she looked between the waitress and Dean, who had now, focused his charming smile on the blonde. "-Ohhh." A smirk pulled at her lips as she placed her chin in her hands. "You want me to leave so you and Blondie over there can sit and eye-fuck each other. Cute."

Dean held his hands up in mock defence. "You said it, not me." His gaze flitted back down onto the newspaper in front of him as he circled a potential case. A drowning accident.

An amused smile pulled at Cordelia's lips as the blonde waitress approached their table. "Can I get you anything else?" The woman asked, voice like honey.

Dean looked up, pen between his lips before a boyish smile appeared. Just as he went to open his mouth, Cordelia beat him to it. Her hand braced around his bicep in what seemed to be an intimate manner. Her brows furrowed in surprise for just a moment as she felt the muscles of his arms tense beneath his jacket.

Oh.

Her smile grew, resembling something of a Cheshire Cat as Dean turned to look at her with a clenched jaw, though she ignored him and continued to make fun of a seriously boring situation. "No, thank you. Just the bill, please," she smiled before she turned to Dean. "Doctor said you're not allowed to eat a lot before the big operation, we don't want anything going wrong, you might walk away with no balls instead of one."