Chapter 5 The Dark Cloud

Rudra "ghoor kyun raha hai, mujhe thodi pata tha aise sardi lag jayegi" He said sulking.

Aksh just glared at him one last time and turned to leave the room.

Rudra "akshu sun to, Arre ruk na"

But aksh didn't stop and walked away. Rudra cursed himself for letting him go. He got up from the bed and took out the medicines that aksh was asking for from the drawer and went to aksh's room. Ansh still hasn't used his own room. He stayed and slept with aksh only. When he entered he found a tired and coughing ansh lying alone on the bed .

Rudra caressed his forehead and sat beside him. Ansh moved his head in rudra lap without even bothering to open his eyes. Rudra froze for a minute. He knew ansh is warming up to him but he will get so comfortable so soon was a pleasant shock to rudra. Once the surprise faded away, rudra smiled caressing ansh's forehead and asked.

Rudra "abhi kaisa feel ho raha hai beta?"

Ansh opened his eyes and sat up within seconds and said "bhaiya aap, sorry, I thought dada hai."

Rudra's face fell but still he gave ansh an understanding smile and replied "sorry kyun bol raha hai bachcha, main bhi to tera bhai hi hu na."

Ansh smiled and hugged him "wo to aap ho, wo bhi sabse cool wale"

As he broke the hug both smiled at each other and sneezed the very next second.

Just then aksh came in with a tray carrying 2 cups which he placed in front of both of them.

Rudra looked at the drink suspiciously and asked "kya hai ye?"

Ansh sighed and said "kadha, jab bhi cold ya fever hota hai to peena padta hai" With that ansh picked a cup, knowing full well that his dada will make him drink it no matter what.

Rudra kept on sitting looking at ansh making faces as he took the first sip. He chuckled at his plight and glanced at aksh who was glaring at him.

Rudra looked at him and asked "kya hua, aise kya dekh raha hai"

Aksh "aapko pata hai na kadha garam garam hi peena hota hai?"

Rudra "haan, to pee to raha hai vo, ab kya bechara khud cooking stove par baith kar piye"

Aksh "aapko bhi garam hi peena hai, chaliye jaldi pijiye."

Rudra almost chocked on his breath and whined like a  child "main kyun piyu? Main nahi peene wala ye. Pata hai kitna disgusting taste hota hai iska. Main nahi piyunga. "

Ansh complained "dada, agar bhaiya nahi piyenge to main bhi nahi piyunga, jab sardi dono ko hui hai to kadha bhi dono ko peena chahiye na"

Rudra "chal bey, dada ke chamche, main isse peena to door haath bhi na lagau, le ja isse aksh, main nahi pine wala ye."

Aksh folded his hands against his chest and said "bohut achcha example set kar rahe hai aap apne chote bhai ke liye. Aur tabiyat kharab hai na aapki, nakhre mat kijiye, chaliye jaldi kadha khatm kariye."

Rudra "Arre mujhe kuch hua hi nahi hai, bilkul theek hu main, I am fit as a fiddle, sachchi" He just finished saying it when  he again sneezed twice and then had a bad fit of cough.

Aksh was by his side instantly and started rubbing rudra's back in order to ease his fit. The moment rudra stopped coughing aksh picked the cup in front of him and handed it to rudra.