Chapter 2

The two sisters went out to the back of the bar, followed by the two Shadowhunters

"Why can we see you and no one else can?" Clary asked.
"I was going to ask you the same question." Jace replied.
"I don't even know why we're talking to you. You're a killer. A cold-blooded killer."
"As opposed to a peace-loving killer?"
"We know what we saw." Rae added.
"Yeah, you think you know." Gray said.
Clary noticed the tattoo on Jace's arm, it was the symbol she kept drawing.
"Why am I drawing this?" Clary asked.
"So I was right. You're not mundanes." Jace affirmed.

What Jace didn't know, was that his mate had met the little Fray sister in the afternoon, but he said nothing. He had to figure out who she was.

"Excuse me. Mundanes?" Rae said.
"What's a mundane?" Clary continued.
"Someone from the human world." Gray answered.
"If we're not humans then what are we?" Rae asked.
Rae's phone started ringing and she jumped with fright.
"When did this start?" asked the blond.
"No. No. Why am I drawing this? Answer me!"
Clary's phone started ringing but she didn't answer.
"Maybe you should answer that. It could be your boyfriend." Jace said.
"He's not my boyfriend." Clary replied.
"Does he know that?"
Clary's phone rang again.
"Please, it's annoying."
Clary read the sender's name and it was their mother and she answered it.
"Mom, we're coming home."
"No, you can't come home! You understand me? You don't come home. You call Luke. Tell him Valentine's alive and that he found me. I love you."
Clary heard a noise on the other end of the phone and Jocelyn ended the call.
"Mom!"
Clary started running, leaving the three there.
"Clary!" Rae shouted as she went after her.

Clary and Rae ran as fast as they could to get home. As soon as they arrived, they found the apartment upside down.
"Mom? Mom?" they called her.
The two turned around the apartment and found a dog in front of them. It growled at them and started chasing them. The two managed to lock it in the bathroom but suddenly it turned into a demon.
They ran into the kitchen, Rae threw alcohol on the floor and then they hid in the fridge and Clary with a lighter set it on fire that blew up the kitchen and with it the dog-demon.
After the explosion, they came out of the fridge. They hoped that the demon was dead, but it didn't.
The pieces of the dog-demon began to unite and the two girls crawled out of the kitchen as fast as they could.
The demon made a leap towards them but was pierced by a sword.

The two girls turned at once and looked at the two boys in fear. Jace approached Clary and got her up while Gray approached Rae.
"Are you okay?" Gray asked to Rae.
"Yes... at least I think."
Clary saw a piece of the remaining demon and crushed it many times.
"Come on. Come on. That's enough! That's enough. It's dead." Jace said as he calmed her.
"What the hell was that?" asked Clary as she cried.
"You wouldn't believe us if we told you."
"Try us." Rae replied, again in shock.
"It was a demon." Gray affirmed.
"You're right. We don't believe you." Clary added.
"And that thing you saw me kill at the club, that... that was also a demon. And demons can take possession of any living creature. You can't trust anyone. Even people you think you know."
"So why should we trust you?" Clary said.
"I did just save your lives." Jace replied.