Chapter 1

It was a normal August afternoon, Clary was in her room and talking on the phone with Simon, her best friend

It was a normal August afternoon, Clary was in her room and talking on the phone with Simon, her best friend. Rae was also in her room preparing her equipment, to go to the Club to play.
"Yeah, no, I know. But when you tell me to do something I'm going to do it. So I'm emailing him right now. Well, I don't know how quick he's going to get back... because sometimes he doesn't check." Clary said over the phone, "Yeah, and after the poetry reading I'm not going home. It's my birthday. So I want to go to the club where Rae plays tonight. No, Simon, I'm not going to lie to her. I'm just not going to tell her."

Meanwhile Jocelyn and Luke had returned home, with groceries and a large canvas.
"Let me go park the truck. See you later, alright?" Luke said.
"Okay." Jocelyn replied.
She walked through the front door and laid the large canvas on the floor and saw the neighbour's door open.
"Hi, Dorothea. How are you?"
Dorothea shut the door.
"I'm good. Thanks for asking."

Jocelyn entered the apartment and laid the canvas near the sofa.
"So I'll just call, I guess, and get tickets. Yeah, sure, I'll do it now." Clary said over the phone.
"Hey, you." Jocelyn said to her daughter.
She went to the kitchen and put the groceries on the kitchen island, she looked at her daughter, wondering who was she talking to.
"Simon." Clary said.
"Hi, Simon." Jocelyn whispered.
"He says: "Call me". She just got home. I'm sure she can hear you, she's standing right here."
Luke came into the house. Rae came out of her room with her DJ gear.
"Hey, Luke." said both the sister.
"How's it going, Clary and Rae?"
"No, I'll get quick." Clary said, going into her room.
"Good, now I'm going to the Club. I'm playing tonight." the little Fray replied.
"Okay, be careful, and as soon as you're done, just go home." Jocelyn said to Rae.
"Yes, Mom. Bye." Rae said, kissing her mother's cheek and hugging Luke and she left the apartment.

"If you keep talking... I'm to be late. I'll meet you there, bye." Clary ended the call.
Jocelyn saw on the notepad the symbol that Clary had drawn and tore it. Clary returned to the kitchen with her shoulder bag and saw that the note was gone.
"Did you just use the...?" Clary said.
"How are you feeling?" asked Jocelyn.
"Fine. Why?"
"You make sure you come straight home tonight."
"Mom, come on. It's just a reading."
"I know."
"Bye."
Clary walked out the door and Luke turned to her.
"You need to talk to them, Jocelyn."
"They're not ready. Not yet." Jocelyn replied.
"Yes, they are. You're not."

Rae was walking to reach the Pandemonium Club, wearing her headphones, listening to Eminem, when she bumped into a boy.
"I'm sorry. I didn't see you." she took off her headphones and apologised to the boy.
The two looked at each other. She looked at him enchanted... she had not seen such a handsome boy. He was tall, curly dark hair and blue eyes like the sea. He looked like an angel from heaven.
"Don't worry, are you okay?" Gray replied.
"Yeah... sorry again, I really have to go."
As she walked away, he kept looking at her.
"She can see me, it's impossible. How can a mundane see me... unless..."