\\Chapter 4: Poor lost souls//

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking down different streets and paths she gazed at all that lay around her, yes, it was dark, cold, and painful to walk at night in Bilgewater. The wind coming from the seaside did not make it better by any means. Even so, with all the disgusting things this city had to offer, it was still quite marvelous how far it has reached, no matter if the people in it were greedy or selfish. The city had a certain beauty to it, one you have to dig for. If you removed all that plagued the scenery, it was quite interesting to look at the way this place was built. People managed to build entire temples on top of such jagged rocks. It was weird. How could this town be built on such a place?

All the different architecture was bizarre, especially the entire levels of the city, it was sometimes even especially hard to imagine how everything was built. As she thought about it all, (Y/N) gazed at the waters below, the sharp rocks looking up at her, her "shore".

Even if (Y/N) always mentioned the shore, there really wasn't one. All that her shore was were those sharp rocks at the bottom, the rocks that were closest to the sea. Even if we ignore that, the most "shore-like" thing there was the docks, but that wasn't much either, was it? Just a place where ships and boats came and went, it never really had any sand or warmth in it, or this place. This city was always so cold and distant, separated from the other world out there. And yet, sometimes at night when there is no one around and the sky is full of stars, it always seemed like the other part of the world stared back at her.

That night, the stars were there again, but there was something else there in the distance, across her shore, a mist. A look of fear crossed her face, this mist, it seemed familiar to her, it was a nagging feeling she held. It reminded her of The Harrowing that once came here in Bilgewater, it looked the exact same and certainly came from the same place it did last time...The shadow isles.
The mist suddenly began to crawl closer and closer to her. Her heart began to race, for it did not seem like such a thing would bring any good news. A sudden groan interrupted her thoughts. She spun around as quickly as she could, just to be met with a distorted face, a face she did not recognize.

"Wha-...W-who are you?"

The creature let out another groan, almost as if in pain. It began to reach out its long fingers, almost as if in desperation.

"H-help...Lana...h-help me..."

(Y/N) looked at the thing in horror, as she pulled away.

"W-who are you? Who is Lana?!"

The creature moved as if it didn't even hear a word coming out of her mouth, in fact, it seemed to not even react to her, just crawling desperately as if seeking something that maybe wasn't even there.

"You... wouldn't leave...me....would you?"

(Y/N) felt the creature claw at her hand as a sudden wailing began to escape the creature, it sounded distorted, rough, and somehow even more terrifying than Pyke ever sounded to her.

"LANA! HELP ME, YOU CANT LEAVE ME!"

(Y/N) began violently pulling her hand away from the creature, screaming back at it.

"STOP! I AM NOT LANA! PLEASE!"

The creature began to dig its nails into her skin, not seeming to hear a word she says.

"DON'T LEAVE ME! LANA!"

(Y/N) felt tears begin to pile up in her eyes, desperation beginning to get the better of her as well. What was in front of her seemed to be just a mindless ghoul, a lost soul seeking something already gone.