\\Chapter 8: Viego//

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ruins below (Y/N's) feet tumbled around. The ground was cold, too cold. The woman didn't know for how long they had been walking, she couldn't know, her head was spinning too much. She didn't exactly know why that was this time. The fear she felt was now numbed and the more she walked across the place the weaker she got. It was as if the place itself was draining her. As a medic herself, she knew none of this was a good sign, although she couldn't pinpoint an exact reason.
(Y/N) tried to ignore it and continued on, after all, she didn't want to slow everybody down.

Soon enough they came upon a staircase.
As they climbed (Y/N) felt her feet shake. This place completely drained her, she didn't know why since everybody else seemed relatively fine.
A sudden realization came upon her. Was it that fragment of that dead woman's soul? Why is it reacting this way to this place?

Suddenly her foot cracked one of the stairs making her lose her footing. Before she could fall however she was stopped by a rough hand gripping her own.
(Y/N) looked at the hand grasping hers, it was cold, dark, and void of the color of a living being.

"Stairs aren't steady. Careful."

Spoke a rough and deep voice. The others seemed to notice, but move forwards nonetheless. She looked at him with a confused expression, his hand still holding hers, as she spoke with a quiet voice, more hushed, trying not to attract much attention to their conversation.

"Why do you keep helping me?"

The man in front of her just raised an eyebrow at her with a stern expression.

"You prefer to fall?"

(Y/N) sighed to herself, the tiniest hint of annoyance in her voice.

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Sounds like it to me."

"You want me dead and yet you keep helping me. It's strange."

"I don't gotta explain myself to you."

Suddenly, the voice of our captain interrupted our conversation.

"Hey, you two! Get a move already!"

The undead man just looked down at his hand for a second before releasing her, a little more roughly than needed.
(Y/N) just watched as he turned around and began walking, she followed soon after.

After a little more walking, (Y/N) felt her feet start to almost shake. How much could she keep going without saying anything? Why...why was she so tired? As her eyes began to lose their focus that's she felt herself succumbing to her grave exhaustion.

Her feet toppled over and she felt herself hit the ground. The only thing she heard was muffled voices from somewhere around her. (Y/N) wasn't even sure if she even felt the pain, it was all numbed. That's when her vision went black...

_______________________________________

As different colors began to fill her vision she slowly felt herself floating. Wait...floating? That wasn't right.
She grumbled to herself slightly as she fully opened her eyes she saw that she wasn't just floating, she was being carried.

Soon enough her heart began to pound a little more than it probably should have. Was it fear again? She didn't know, but she felt weird as she saw that Pyke was carrying her on his back.