bacon sucks

We walked into our favorite waffle spot and were surprised to see the fanciness of the table decorations. 

 "Wow," Ben muttered with a grin. 

"I know. This place is fancy," Mandy sang, "but don't worry about this price, I'm paying. Get whatever you want. Just not bacon, because it's bad for the environment." 

I pulled a face, "And it's disgusting. Bacon sucks," Mandy high-fived my hand from across the table. 

Ben sighed, happily. "I missed you guys," 

"I missed you too, Ben." Mandy frowned. "You guys, I am so sorry..." 

"Enough!" Ben said, with a sweep of his hand, placing his free one in mine. "You know, we...we all could've handled things differently," he said. "I could've not screamed at you in a parking lot full of people, you know?" he chuckled. 

"And I could've done...pretty much the opposite of everything I did, so..." Mandy said. 

"I could've just stayed home and never showed my face at school ever again," I shrugged, sipping my milkshake, but cringing once I discovered it was chocolate flavored. "Can I have yours, Ben? It's vanilla," 

My boyfriend rolled his eyes, with a hint of a smile on his lips. He gently swapped the two milkshakes, but not before placing the cherry in the chocolate one on top of my vanilla milkshake. 

I gaped at him. "That was a weird way to propose, Benjamin Walter Plunkett, but yes. I will marry you," I joked. My friends began to crack up, and suddenly I was the happiest girl in the world.  

"So, are we all okay?" Mandy asked after she'd sobered from her laughing fit. 

Ben held up his hand for her to double-tap. "We're okay," he said. 

"Give me your cherry first," I joked, and she did. I smiled, biting the cherry from the stem. "Okay, yeah. We're good," 

They laughed again. 

*

Angelina Speaks: 

I am making these chapters so short because I don't want this story to end. *cries*