How You Get the Girl 😉

I opened my front door in my pajamas, with tear-stained cheeks, and my Grumpy Care-Bear in my arms.

"Mandy? What're you doing here? What are you wearing?" I asked the girl, who stood on my porch with a smile.

"I'm here to apologize. I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry that I've been too caught up in my own shenanigans to realize your feelings for Ben. I'm sorry that I wasn't more attentive to your struggles with your anxiety. I know how hard this all has been for you, and I've been a horrible friend. I never meant to hurt either of you. And you have a beautiful dress, and it's going to go to waste....You have one night to wear it... Now, please, will you come to Prom with us?" she said, hope in her eyes, and tears in my own. I threw my arms around her, and cried softly into her shoulder.

"Wait..us?" I looked passed Mandy, and saw Ben's head peeking out of the window. He gave me an awkward wave. I looked at Mandy, and she just smiled.

"Please?" she begged.

"...let me get dressed,"

*

"You look...wow," Ben said, softly, as he helped me out of the car.

We were outside the bookstore. I looked up at him, and his silly hairstyle, and gave him a smile.

"Thank you," I said. "You look pretty wow, too,"

He chuckled.

"Hey look, I—" I paused, sighing. "I'm really sorry for everything. I shouldn't have even tried to make you choose. I just—"

"Well, I did." Ben said.

"What?" I asked him.

"Look, Jasmine. It was crazy that I even had two girl's liking me, you know? I guess I just got in my own head. I mean, you're both amazing women. And I'm lucky to know the two of you. But LaToya and I don't have what you and I do. I guess I was just scared our friendship would be torn apart." He said. I frowned, looking down at my heels.

"I understand why you picked her. She's really great." I told him.

"What?" he shook his head. "No, Jaz, I chose you. I choose you. I'll always choose you,"

I almost didn't hear him correctly. I brought myself to look up at him, the widest smile on my face.

"Jasmine, I have never felt this way about anyone else ever. I want you. For worse or for better, and I would wait forever and ever for you. I know I broke your heart, and I swear that I'll put it back together."

"Did you just quote Taylor Swift?" I looked at him in shock, and tears flowed down my cheeks as he began to smile.

"Is that a yes?" he put his hands on either side of my face and wiped my tears away. "Please, don't cry...you're gonna make me cry,"

I nodded my head profusely. "I love you, Ben Plunkett."

"I love you, more," he kissed my lips softly, and I held him tightly.

"Oh, good! She said yes. I'm so glad or else this would have been...awkward," Mandy grinned from ear to ear, opening up the bookstore doors.

PROM?

The words were spelled out on front of a bouquet of books. Ben grabbed it from the display, and held it up for me to see.

"Will you go to Prom with me?" Ben asked, and I melted in my spot.

"Of course I will," I cried. My friends engulfed me in the biggest hug.

My heart felt so full.