goodbye

I played with my hands, as Ben pulled into our complex. He looked over at me, with a sigh. His anger had subsided, and he was calmer now. I kept my eyes down at my lap, until he reached over and brush my hair from my face.

"Please, just look at me," he begged, softly.

I did, but I ignored the pity in his eyes. "Ben, I really can't handle this anymore," I told him, breaking my own heart, but it was the honest truth. "I can't keep being second choice to LaToya. I don't know if Saturday night was just a spur of the moment kind of thing—but if I'm holding onto the possibility of you and I ever happening, and it isn't going to happen, you need to let me know. I hate to be this girl, Ben, but its either me or LaToya,"

"Jasmine.." he frowned. "I just need time..."

"That's fair enough. But Ben, I hope you realize that until you're decided—I don't think I can be around you. And if you do choose LaToya...well, Ben...I don't think we should be friends anymore," I said, as my voice cracked. Tears filled my eyes as I cried, and Ben's eyes glazed over too.

"No, Jazzy, please don't do this," he said, eyes filled with regret.

"My heart has been broken so many times, Ben. In just the past couple of months. And I can't keep letting that happen. I need to put myself first. I need to figure out what I'm going to do after high school. I need to move on. So if it's not me that you want to be with, I need you to tell me." I explained.

"Jasmine," he choked out, as I got out of the car.

"Goodbye, Ben." I smiled, sadly. "I'll be here when you're ready,"

*

Angelina Speaks:

This is extremely short—but this is the last sad chapter, I swear 😭