Patrick 3

********

A tap on the shoulder causes Patrick to look at the person behind him. Samantha- the Supreme Student Council's President.

"Hi, Pat!" the girl greeted him with a smile and settled beside his seat. Patrick can't help but notice how the girl scatters her materials on the table.

"What's up?" he awkwardly said, arranging the mess on the table.

"Oh, nothing. I just notice you alone -as always. Do you wanna come sit with us?" nodding her head on the table behind. Patrick turned and look at the table, it was occupied by all the SSC officers.

"Oh, no. Thank you. Appreciate it.."

"Come on, don't be a loner. It's still high school, save that for college," Samantha said motioning the books while smiling kindly to the boy.

"Uhmm- I really have a lot of things to do, Sam but thank you really"

"Well, if that's so. I will leave you be. Bye" standing up, Patrick watched as Samantha turned around and return to her table. Internally, I would actually love to, I just don't trust if you really do want me with you.

He sighed and shake his head with the matter then continue what he was doing. Patrick has been struggling with this attitude his. He's an overthinker and this has been keeping him from having close friends. He likes to have friends but doesn't engage in conversations when in a group. He likes to tell what he like but is afraid of not being listened to. He likes being asked and relaying his opinion but is afraid he might offend someone.

Patrick also wants to have someone to talk about his rants about his life but he knew he does not know how to be approachable most of the times hence, he tends to stay away from potential relationships instead afraid that people might hate him for it. Such as he doesn't know how to start a conversation so it's always fine with him to stay silent for long, which causes the other person to be disappointed and walk away.

From that, he realizes that it was better to be alone sometimes because he also likes having self-reflection. You know, like looking at yourself in the mirror every morning, thinking every night until you fall asleep, and reading psychology books in the corner when you have a free time. But it always feels lonely to be alone, and honestly he's also dying to have a shoulder to cry on because his family can't.