I Found You

(Y/n) POV

I had a feeling Law had caught feelings for me. The way he carried himself told me everything. I've seen this stride before when on missions. Men loved a playful woman that can be serious. Normally they were a couple years older, and I played the role of girlfriend or wife only to kill them when they least expected it.

This time, I wasn't on a mission, and I wasn't going to hurt someone who's this close. He's my captain, and I'd love to keep it that way.

"I think Law has a thing for you." Penguin said

"Oh, I know." I spoke with a smile "His speech patterns are different, his stride is different and his attitude is lighter." I spoke confidently

"Ooh~ how do you feel about being his girlfriend, then?" Shachi asked with a satisfied child-like hum.

"Wouldn't hurt me any." I spoke calmly

"Do you want to be his girlfriend?" Penguin asked

"Never had an actual boyfriend before. I've had people interested, but those that were, were usually just targets anyway. I appealed to their specific tastes and ignored my inner-self. To have someone like me is strange." I answered

"That didn't answer anything." They both said in unison

"Are you afraid of the idea?" Ikaku asked

"I never said that." I answered

"No, but you're implying it." She spoke with such confidence that her words were unwavering.

"I suppose I could be." I said with a glanced over to where Law's office is.

"Do you like him?" Penguin asked

"I do... That's why I try to make him jealous. It let's me know that he still cares." I said softly as I looked back at Penguin to see him staring at me with a smile as Shachi perked up and they both gave each other devious smirks.

"Why not just confess? Oh, right... That fear.. uh-- don't worry, we'll get him to confess." They said in unison

"You don't have to." I spoke as I waved my hands, telling them to forget the thought.

"Oh, no! We want to see you two together! You'd be the perfect power couple!" They said practically shipping us together, like fangirls in a roleplay group chat. Or very passionate Twilight fans.

"I think we should get you dolled up, showing your true beauty is something that all guys lo--" Ikaku spoke, but I interrupted

"I'm gonna stop you right there.. Getting dolled up is not showing true beauty. Getting dolled up is showing your insecurities to the world in a glorified fashion. I'd rather not show my insecurities with something that's supposed to look beautiful. True beauty comes from within, so getting dolled up does nothing. As cliché as that sounds, it's true. If a guy likes you, it shouldn't be because you look good in makeup, it should be because they like your personality... It's fine to have standards and preferences, but don't hold them to be the only part of that person." I ranted with a bit of disgust after the suggestion for makeup to catch his eye.

"You don't like makeup, do you?" Shachi hummed

"No, I don't." I stated as Penguin straightened his posture, Shachi then copied. That's how I knew Law was behind me.

"Law, your crew members give away your position." I said as I turned around to see him standing there with his tired expression.

"Why are you just sitting around doing nothing?" Law asked

"Sorry, Captain!" They exclaimed

"Chores are done. We already did some training, you're the only one who has chores to do... Doctor." I sneered