Finding My Place

(Y/n) POV

Luffy said I've met all but one. Now, he's trying to find someone by the name of Brook. When I walked into the kitchen with Luffy. My heart stopped and nearly jumped out of my chest. My face went pale, and Sanji seemed to notice immediately.

"Oi, oi! Don't faint!" Sanji called as he left his cooking to keep me up right. Luffy was laughing at my reaction as I watched a Skeleton actively moving and laughing as if he were still alive. Luffy grabbed my hand and tried to bring me closer to it, but I pulled away and hid behind Sanji..

"I've seen a lot of crazy things before, but I've never seen a giant, living skeleton!" I cried

"You look at me as though I'm dead. Ah! You see because I'm a skeleton. YOHOHOHO!!" He laughed at his own terrible skeleton joke, breaking the tension a bit.

"Uh--" I tried to speak

"Ah, I'm sorry. I haven't introduced myself. My name is Brook, I'm the crew's musician. May I see your panties?" He introduced

"No way!!!" I yelled as I punched him in the face as hard as I could, sending him flying throughout the kitchen. My face was bright pink.

Luffy was laughing at how we interacted with one another as he basically praised Brook for joking around the way that he did.

"He always does that." Nami said as she leaned against the door frame, when I looked at her, Sanji did the same. His eyes became hearts and his body started to wiggled a bit. "He does that a lot to." She said after a long annoyed sigh, while pointing at Sanji. "Anyway, do you wanna go swimming?" She asked

"I can't." I answered

"Why not?" She asked, completely forgetting the fact that I have devil fruit powers.

"Devil fruit." Was all I said. She smacked her forehead as if to tell herself 'Duh'

"I'm sorry." She said softly

"No, you're okay." I said giggling between my words.

"Ah!! Merde!!" Sanji yelled as he heard his food boiling over. He ran over to it and started to work delicately to bring back it's sense of normality.

"D'où viens-tu, Sanji?" I asked (where are you from, Sanji?)

Sanji gasped softly as he looked at me, he was shocked. "You can speak French?" He asked

"I can speak 9 different languages.." I spoke casually

"AWESOME!!!" Luffy exclaimed happily with stars in his eyes

"9!?" Nami asked

"What are those languages?" Brook asked

"English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, German, Chinese, Bulgarian, and Swedish." I said calmly

"Why so many?" Sanji asked

"I was sent on missions everywhere.. There was no pattern, but I had to learn the language before I could just leave and get it over with.. It should come in handy at some point." I spoke as I started walking to the door. Nami moved so I could get out, which I smiled and thanked her. When I got out, Franky, Robin and Zoro were talking.

"I don't think we can trust her fully. She willingly switched sides knowing the consequences of when her actual captain finds out." Franky spoke

"She needs to earn her trust from me. I'm not going to--" Zoro paused mid sentence and gasped only to turn to see me.

Robin was dead silent, absorbing the sun, Franky and Zoro were sweating at my sudden appearance.

I looked the two boys in the eyes, one at a time then sighed. "Listen, I understand I may not seem trustworthy, and I look to be backstabbing my previous crew, but I'm not a threat to anyone. If you want me to leave so badly, I'll leave when we reach the next island. But I have to know, now." I spoke with a level-headed attitude.