Chapter 6 ~ Night Owl

Car chase: It's the AI against the human brain

"Angel, update!" I yell into my phone which is laying precariously on the dashboard, almost falling off as Darren swerves to the right, quick enough to avoid the ford fiesta driving 5 miles per hour - old people style.

"Take the next left, somehow, and you'll reach the racetrack. There, you have a better chance at loosing him in the country lanes going into Braintree."

"Is it definitely the Hood?" I yell back at her.

"Yes, it is, however, he's-"

The call abruptly cut off, and finished with Darren yelling, "Backup!" As two more sports cars came rushing at us, bombing it down the A12 and swerving through all of the lanes.

"Should've brought the Royals Royce, with its bullet proof windows," Cal mutters under his breath.

"Ace, how long?"

"Until we reach the racetrack? 5 mins."

"Not long enough to lose them," I curse under my breath.

"Cal, call Calypso," I tell him, and soon enough she picks up and answers , "Yes, Boss?"

"We need you to hack into The Hoods credentials. That trojan horse virus still in his computer? "

"Yes...Yes, it is,"

"Activate it."

"Are you sure, Boss?"

"Yes." And I hang up the phone.

"I get it," Cal told us, "Those cars have a GPS and motor controlled by a computer in an off-site building northwest of London, so-"

But he was abruptly interupted by Darren yelling, "Get down!" as the car began to serve in and out of the lanes and pass lorry after lorry, the sports cars still on our tails. Darren's eyes firmly on the road, but only just narrowly misses the Land Rover that suddenly comes out of nowhere aiming for the left hand side. Grabbing both of the guns underneath the seat, I pass a sniper to Cal and a pistol to me and Ace. "Nothing better?" She asks as she frowns at the pistol which isn't really meant for this sort of thing.

"Cal's got the better shot over long distance, and he's shotgun." I tell her. But another swerve from Darren makes me rethink.

"Cal, swap places!" I yell over the roaring of the engine. We both manage to awkwardly swap places before I'm sat next to Darren and Cal to Ace. "Open the door!" I yell at her, before the other window smashes, showering us all in glass,  and a figure in a grey hoodie and black joggers jumps in, holding Ace at gun point.

"One wrong move and she dies." The figure callously told us, a mask and hood covering his features.

"Hello Hood," I say with a smile. "Took you long enough,"

———-
Hey guys!
So I'm gonna try and update this story more often, as I was rlly excited to write it to begin with, so hopefully I will update it in the next week as school has just started up again, so just getting into the swing of it.

Happy reading!
TheFantasyWriter09