Chapter 5 ~ Night Owl

**Nyx's POV**
Don't underestimate us

The serving girl lead us through the labyrinth of tables and sofas and chairs, all filled with people all ages - some 3 year old was brawling at a table surrounded with worn-out mums, and another was watching Peppa Pig on an ipad. Just like Cal, but his fav was the Aussie version and included a lot of inappropriate stuff.

Old antique oil paintings of victorian ships are hung up all over the place, covering the walls with paintings of the Royal Merchant and pirate style ships. I wonder why we didn't call this gang 'Pirates' or something. They certainly rob a lot of people, and we could nickname Walton 'Pirate's Cove'. Best ask Ace if it's possible, however she might not agree. But technically she can't say no, as I am in charge...

Speaking of the devil, Ace's phone vibrates silently in her pocket, before she pulls it out and frowns at it, before passing it to me as we continue to walk. Ah. I'm breaking my new year's revolution - do not become a phone zombie. Oh well, fuck it.

The message on her Home Screen read from Eva read:
'Just confirmed Robin's got the COVID will need to isolate but all successful with school project a copy on your desk. Robin's gone out (snuck through the window again) so will go find him'

So something goes right! Well, slightly right. We've lost eyes on him, but we do run London, so finding him will be easy.

So, you may be a bit confused, but me, Ace and Cal found this dude had broken in to our base and murdered one of our gang members while we were otherwise engaged. She was tortured and killed, and within the week so was her family. She was innocent, simply responsible for creating our outfits and wardrobes in real life and virtually. We'd promised to help out her family in exchange for her creativity skills when it came to creating character profiles and avatars for our gaming platform. She got to do something she loved while helping us out at the same time. It was a win-win.

Luckily, our top-notch security which could rival the White House's and Buckingham Palace, managed to catch the guy on CCTV, and within the day I had a name and profile for our little murderer. Another 2 and we had his location.

Creating video games finally comes in handy.

We created a virus, and were able to install it in his laptop quite easily - his security is actually shit. But yeah. Apparently he ran out of his window 'absolutely terrified'. Serves him right.

"So what now?" Ace asks me, aware, like me, we have neared the gang leader's office. And no, we're not scared at all. We're simply wondering what to tell him and what is none of his fucking business.

"Did he know Prim?"

"No, not that I know of. So don't mention it?"

"Nope, not unless he does first. But don't deny anything."

"Understood, Nyx."

Both of us shut up when we go up the stairs leading to the office. All of us halted on the narrow landing as the girl knocked on the dark oak panel door, with a small sign that read 'Manager' in simple font. A few secs later and a clear voice barked, "Come in."
I sigh internally. This is going to be a long, unbearable hour.

***

The office's interior could rival a pirates', with old maps of Walton spread across the oak desk in the middle of the room, oil paintings of pirate-like ships dotted the walls, just like downstairs. A couple of spyglasses are hung up on the wall behind the desk, and Tudor style windows still gave the room light- probably original, too.

This guy spends most of his money on antiques, including worthless WW1 and 2 machine guns that had been refurbished, and claimed to be 'completely worthless' on antiques road show. This dude offered him £1,000 and shifted it on the black market for £78,000. That's the kind of guy he is.