Chapter 2 ~ Night Owl

My usual routine on a school night

"Well, I think it's official we all really fucked up." Slinging my legs onto the desk, leaning back in my office chair you would really think that I was relaxing.

Well, I mean, who wouldn't be when they really did fuck up a mission meant to take out the only other opposing gang in the area? That area being London and the greenbelt surrounding it (The greenbelt is good for safehouses and storerooms and the like. Bordering the countryside - which is great a for meetings. You just bring a dog and say you're on a dog walk.)Everyone loves a good smuggling port underneath the canal that runs through it. So obsolete.

Oh no. And now you think because I used a posh word as my school likes to call it, you are thinking I'm posh? Well, IM NOT!

"It's not our fault. We got the numbers. We watched that safe house for weeks. But anyhow, we know their patterns now. Well, I do. The report is next to you." Ace informs, stepping forward and placing it in my desk.

Ever the serious peace-maker.

My office, which you would think was big and grand and light and airy with the floor to ceiling windows on one wall, is actually making me feel claustrophobic with all the guys in here. I mean,they are so big, but so tall and have wide shoulders that they crowd my small comfort like I'm a child and their the clowns in a horror movie set out to kill me.

And yes, I don't watch many horror films. That's Calypso's job as she never goes out (yes, some of my gang were renamed as Greek Gods and Goddesses after they swore an oath. I believe they call me Artemis and Cal is Ares and i think that Ace is Athena. Last I heard the boss is Zeus)
And the mortal enemies are also named after Greek villains. I'll tell you later, we're getting off topic.

Anyway, after an hour of chit chat and crap like that I sent them out, just leaving Ace and Cal with me. Rubbing my eyes, I can't help but yawn. Ace and Cal both know how I suffer with insomnia. Badly.

"Haven't taken any sleeping pills recently?" Asks Ace, knowing my hate for the pills.

"Nope. I haven't had a chance to. All this gang stuff and with homework and school and exams, there is no time to sleep."

"Here, drink this," Cal dumps a mocha in front of me, and being the stupid person I am, I drink it. For those coffee lovers out there, I can't stand coffee so to get my daily caffeine instead I mix it with hot chocolate, and I am telling you it is to die for. Seriously, though. It's my go to when I'm up a 3am doing homework.

"Cal, whatdu put 'n here?" My words slightly slurring. I can't help but blink slowly, my eyes starting to feel extremely heavy. Oh fuck you Cal, I think I whisper before I enter sweet oblivion.

****

To a anyone who thinks this is not a normal occurrence, it is. I honestly should know better by now, but I don't.

Waking up in one of the guest rooms in Walton's safe house was not what i was expecting. Who would have drove me 2 and a half hours, 87 miles, to the nearest safehouse by the sea? Well, I know Cal and Ace would've. This, my friends, is the only way I know I haven't be kidnapped. Yet.

The day is still young, my friends.

Hearing footsteps thud up the stairs, and the creaking of the old cottage's doors opens and reveals a sheepish looking Cal.

"Rise and shine, Princess," He cues in a mocking tone.

This is the reason i am always cranky in the morning. Cal.

"Oh, fuck off you bastard," I murmur before turning over and pulling my pillow over my head, but not fast enough for the sun to shine out of the open window and temporarily blind me.

"Fuck's sake," I muter the curse profoundly. All hell has broken loose. Yet again.

"Aww, does little miss Highness finally feel better after her 24 hour sleep?"

This gets my attention.

"Oh shit," I yell, ripping the sheets off the bed and basically jumping out of bed, the events from the last 48 hours rush back to me. Whirling to face Cal, I yell at him, "You drugged me! Again!" Grabbing a pillow off of the bed, I continuously whack him with it, spitting at him, "This! Is all! Your fault! Yet! Again!" I huff before my arms start to ache and I drop the pillow on the floor and dramatically lay back down on the bed. Yes, it is all his fault.

In all this kafuffle, I failed to notice Ace, leaning against the door frame, smirking. Her long black hair has been tied back in a simple braid around her head, yet again favouring, like most of my gang members, black. Black boots, black leggings, black woollen sweater, yep. We have and wear enough black to literally blend into the shadows.

Handing me a pile of my usual wear, she informs me, "Meeting at The Royal Albion. Get dressed. We're leaving in 30 mins." Ruefully, she adds, "You might want to wash your hair," With that she leaves. Turning to Cal, I say, "Now go and leave me in peace,"

Saluting me with a cheeky grim, he parts with, "Right you are, commander." And i can guarantee he was still smirking as I yelled down the stairs, "Go to hell asshole!"