031

"Things still seem off," Jennifer sighed into the phone.

"Maybe because you're hardly dating? You've just labelled each other," Her mother explained,

"Hey, we're doing a lot more than before,"

"Sure you are, you have to imagine you never broke up. You've always been together,"

"I don't know how to do that,"

"Heres an idea, it's your brother's wedding in a week or so, bring Benny. I'd love to meet the boy, and so would your father,"

"I don't know..." She trailed as the idea played on her mind. After the two decided after a long dinner of considering and discussing. They would try to date again, each other that is. It had only been their first week but things felt off. The two of them seemed off... something was still wrong... still different. 

"Anyways, me and your father are going for dinner, maybe you and Benny should too," She said as she hung up. Jennifer sighed as she stood up, heading towards the living room and sitting down. Benny in front of her.

"You all right?" He asked, looking over his magazine slightly. There was quietness for a moment before she replied.

"Lets go on a date, like we used to," She offered, he only furrowed his brows in return.

"Why?" He asked,

"Because... I'm feeling nice," She shrugged "Come on," She smiled,

"All right then, where are we going?"

"Uh... Repas de luxe," She answered

"Isn't that the French one?"

"Mhm, now hurry up," She insisted.

***

She wore a white V-lined white jumpsuit that flared out at her knees and stopped at her shoulders. A classic pair of white gloves and heels with a matching bow threaded through her hair. Benny had an all-black suit on, which he wasn't sure if she liked or not.

"You look like a Pawn," He smiled as he looked her up and down,

"Hilarious, Benny," She said back secretly thinking he looked like a Bishop but didn't comment as it took far too long to convince him to wear a suit. It didn't take long for the two to arrive at the restaurant and be seated by a waiter who looked a little bit too happy to be seating Jennifer...

"So why did you decided to drag me here in a suit?" He asked looking over at her.

"I don't know, maybe I just wanted to spend time with my boyfriend?"

"Hm..." He trailed "You didn't order wine like you always did, how come?"

"As I've said before, I don't drink,"

"Not even a bit?"

"Nope,"

"Really?"

"Mhm,"

"I'm impressed... you were bad,"

"...I know. But I'm better now,"

"You are. So, tell me about your business?"

"Well, started it a couple of months after-" She cut herself off, glancing at Benny shortly before continuing "Then it was a rocky road, losing chunks of money just to gain some later and... it was unreliable until I found the trick,"