012

Jennifer looked through her cloths spotting her white jumpsuit. It was sleeveless v-lined top, It flared out towards her knees down to her ankles. It was all white, with a matching white headband and large square heeled shoes. She had her hair straightened down but curled out towards the edges. Her makeup was light but made her face look like porcelain or flawless. She had small chained necklaces and skinny rings or bracelets.

This is the prettiest she's been in a long time. She looked at herself in Benny's bedroom mirror. The only mirror in the whole of the apartment. She refused to get ready for Benny to see, she wanted it to be almost like a surprise when she was done. Benny got his things and got ready outside whereas Jennifer took over his room. It was 7:30. She had 15 more minutes to get ready. As it would take 15 minutes to get there and Benny refused to be late.

She was fixing her eyelashes and squeezing them to her natural eyelashes so they looked as natural as possible. She sprayed herself with Dior perfume and turned her face to multiple different angles to make sure she looked okay from each angle. "Hey Jen?" She was interrupted. She turned her head quickly, her hair falling behind her shoulders as she looked towards the door.

"Yes, Benny?" She asked

"Can I come in I need-"

"No, what do you need?" She smiled

"Look," He sighed "On my dresser there's some aftershave okay? Get me the black one,"

"There's two,"

"One of the right,"

"Got it," She smiled as she grabbed the aftershave. She walked to the door. "Close your eyes," She ordered

"Their closed," Benny smiled. She shut her own eyes and opened the door.

"Where's your-"

"Its here, where?"

"I think I found- no never mind,"

"Found you arm,"

"Ah,"

"Here, you go," Jennifer placed the bottle into his hand before quickly shutting the door.

"Thanks, Jen," He walked off, his voice fading. She turned back to the mirror stepping away to check her outfit out. She pulled on a pair of white gloves that matched her outfit.

***

"Come on, Jen," Benny groaned from outside the door for the 3rd time.

"Yes, yes I'm done I'm coming," She replied as she headed to the door.

"You know we could end up being late-" He stopped as Jennifer appeared in front of him. He looked at her eyes as long as he could before he glanced down her body taking in almost every single inch of it

"Sorry I took a long time," She apologised

"It was worth it..." His whispered. Jennifer began to look over him. He wore a black satin top with small white diagonal lines across it, the first two buttons undone. His open chest covered in silver chains. He had a pair of black jeans on and a silver belt threaded through. His hands had matching silver chairs and rings on them. His hair, brushed and soft in a normal position. "Are you checking me out?" He asked. She drew her gaze back up at him. She went quiet thinking for a second.

"...I-" She breathed, his eyes stayed glued to hers with a smirk "I might be," She answered "Are you checking me out?"

"Hundred percent," He shrugged without any hesitation. "Now come on, we'll be late," He smiled as he headed towards the door. "So I get one night?"

"Yes, anything said on this night never gets spoken of again,"

"All right," He opened the door and let her go in front.

***

They walked down the road together laughing and talking as they did.

"Okay, okay," She breathed through laughs "So, what was the first thing you noticed about me,"

"Well I saw you, then I forced myself to look away,"

"Forced?" She repeated

"Yeah, I didnt want to look at you for too long just in case,"

"Just in case... what?"

"In case I liked looking too much," He explained freely a smile drawing on Jennifer face. "So, if this is our only night..." He trailed as he walked towards Jennifer slithering his arm around her waist pulling her into him. She glanced up at Benny with raised eyebrows. "What? Its our only night," He shrugged and looked forward.

"One night," She repeated with a smile.

***

"How did you even get a table here of such short notice?" Jennifer asked leaning back placing her knife and fork onto the plate and dabbing her mouth with a napkin.

"I didnt, I booked it the night you arrived," Benny explained leaning back

"What?"

"The night you came. I booked it,"

"How did you know I was going to say yes?"

"I didnt,"

"So, what if I said no?"

"But you didnt,"

"But what if I did,"

"But you didnt,"

"But I might've,"

"But your here tonight and that waiter over there thinks we're on a date, so, it all worked out," He shrugged leaning forward onto the table.

"How can you even afford a place like this?"

"I'm glad you bought that up, Jen. Tournament's, I won against Beth won a chunk of money. Enough money to buy 5 of these dinners," Jennifer went quiet. Tournaments money. The cost of this dinner was her rent a week pretty much. "Make you want to do tournaments?"

"Maybe," She smiled, the waiter came to the table.

"Anything else for the two do you?" He asked looking between them. Benny looked over at Jennifer with raised eyebrows, she winded her eyes unsure of what she was meant to say.

"Bottle of wine," he said as the waiter walked off. Jennifer glanced up at Benny with a playful smile.

"Thought I wasn't allowed to drink?"

"Don't tell Cleo then," he shrugged, giving her smirk "You ever had a boyfriend?"

"A few, how about you?"

"Nothing too serious,"

"How serious are you taking this?" She asked feeling more confident than normal.

"Very serious, thinking of a ring. Aren't you?" He smiled sarcastically

"Already bought one," was the last thing she said before the wine appeared of the table. She went to grab the bottle before Benny grabbed it quicker. "Hey," she complained

"Im still limiting your drinking, Jennifer,"

"Really Benny? Am I toddler?"

"Well I was put on baby sitting duty-"

"Shut up," she scoffed as he poured some wine into her glass. She took it and drank it quickly, the wine cleared through her throat. She felt as though her mind was at ease and she had been missing it... so badly.