Chapter Five

When one has a weak heart or what some call a 'nervous disposition', they tend to pass out when things deeply shock or surprise them. Yuki had that very problem, and at the sight of a small rabbit-like creature speaking perfect English, her weak heart finally had enough. Only Seto seemed to notice that the girl had passed out, and quickly moved to try and wake her up. The other three in the group simply stared at the little animal in pure shock.

"D-Did you just-" Sayako began.

"Speak? Are you dumb? I'm speaking fluent English here!" The creature waved it's arms, obviously annoyed by being disturbed. Sayako blinked a few times in an attempt to make the being disappear, and maybe the forest would be back to normal as well. No such luck.

"What... Are you, exactly?" Nowaki asked quietly, taking a step towards it.

"Me? I'm a Dinabus." The obvious male creature replied shortly, glaring up at the curious teenage boy.

"Do you have a personal name?" Sayako tilted her head, gazing at the small Dinabus.

"People call me Darmie..." Darmie's eyes looked up at Sayako, and seeing no danger in her, he moved towards her. Nowaki huffed slightly, wanting Darmie to like him instead. Seto suddenly erupted with laughter.

"Darmie the Dinabus! I must be out of my mind!" He laughed, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"You're mind will be out of YOU if you aren't careful." Darmie growled at the tall male, who blinked at the tiny creature before scowling and getting back to work on waking Yuki up. Kumiko had walked a few metres away from the group, truly entranced by the strange beauty of the new forest. She smiled a little when she saw a bright pink frog. It was so weird, and yet so pretty, it was like her imagination had finally escaped her brain. The frog hopped into one of the bushes, and she crouched down, her knee's settling onto the navy blue grass as she crawled up to the bush and pulled the leaves apart. She had expected to see the luminous frog, but instead she saw a long pathway, where the strange trees had curved over to form a natural tunnel. Kumiko stared for a little while, feeling as if she was in her very own Wonderland. The place seemed awfully familiar...

She was then distracted when she heard someone squeal happily. Kumiko turned to see Sayako sitting down, smiling like mad as she petted Darmie. The little creature was smiling affectionately, leaning into Sayako's petting hands happily. Nowaki slowly began to pet Darmie as well, a small smile on his lips. The creature wasn't so bad when he wasn't giving attitude.

"Kumiko! Come meet Darmie~!" Sayako almost sang, grinning at the raven haired girl. Kumiko smiled and walked over to the brunette, sitting down next to her and slowly reaching out her hand. Darmie stared at her as she gently petted him, and Nowaki seemed to notice.

"What's wrong Darmie?" He asked carefully. The Dinabus jumped slightly, having finally come back to reality... If you could call this place reality.

"Yeah! Sorry I was just... Looking at her eyes. Very strange, pretty though." He quickly said. Kumiko blinked before her cheeks stained a light pink and stopped petting Darmie. Behind the four, Yuki was slowly beginning to wake up.

"Mn... What a nightmare..." Yuki groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, only to see her boyfriend smiling down at her. She smiled weakly in return, "Is everyone okay...?"

"Yes, I just hope you are." Seto replied, earning a nod from Yuki as a response.

"I had the strangest dream that we were in a weird forest..." She mumbled. Seto's smile fell and he bit his lip nervously, "And there was this really weird-AH WHAT IS THAT?!" The girl screamed as she sat up and saw the same creature that made her pass out.