Chapter One

Have you ever wondered if there may be more to the world? That there is something amazing, just waiting to be discovered? A lot of people have thought this way, remaining skeptical about how the world may have begun, and how humanity may have started, asking many questions about the strange and exciting things around them. For any human being can never truly believe unless given proof, and some make it their lifelong goal in order to have that proof, to show the world unknown truths; to find facts that none have found before. There had been pinpoints in certain places all around the world, where these strange things have been happening, mostly in famous cities. 

But then there was an unusual place, a small town in Japan, quite a distance from Tokyo of which was named Nakagawa. Unusual events had been happening recently, and they hadn't stopped even at this present day. Strange creatures had been spotted roaming the town at night, and sometimes in the daylight. Obviously such amazing finds had excited the town greatly, some worried for their families safety, some determined to make friends with the new creatures that had been discovered. The excitement and general buzz was of course generating from the youth of the town, especially with the teenagers, since young children did not have such knowledge yet. Gossip was spread throughout the high school within Nakagawa, rumours about one student seeing a creature, and another student having proof that a creature was an alien of some sort.

A certain small group of teens were particularly affected by the exciting concept. A group of five young people, who met at the school gates every morning, each one of them having something new to say about a certain case. Their friendship had grown ever stronger because of their similar interests, having to talk about everyday, and having their on views on each others findings. Every lunch time they would sit at what they call the Usual Spot, which was underneath a large tree on the school grounds. On a particular day, when the sun was bright in the sky, and the air was pleasantly warm, the group of friends sat in that everyday place , chatting happily to each other. 

"Hey, check this out!" A young girl names Sayako said excitedly, sitting up from previously lying on her stomach, "I found a new interesting fact about that legend I was studying, and how it ties with the picture of one of the creatures!" The brunette turned to her bag and fished around for some documents, before pulling them out and waving them excitedly.

"Oh? Let me see..." Seto, one of the boys, gave a small smile as he let go of his girlfriends hand, her name being Yuki. Sayako handed the papers over, awaiting Seto's reaction to her findings. Seto simply studied the documents carefully, and Yuki leaned into him to read them as well, biting her lip in deep concentration, "Hm... So this legend speaks of another world...?" 

"What does that have to do with anything?" Yuki asked, peeking over the paper towards her friend.

"Well, you know we found that ancient picture of a create that matched the one that was spotted a few weeks back?" Sayako received a nod in response to her question, "In that ancient picture, the creature seems to be running towards-"

"A portal!" Nowaki, the other boy within the group suddenly erupted. He then blinked as everyone seemed to stare at him. Sayako looked at him for some time before giggling and nodding enthusiastically.

"Yes! Like an alternate world!" She gave a proud smile at her find. Nowaki chuckled in amusement, now having his turn at reading the documents carefully. Seto hummed lowly as he thought to himself.

"So, you think that the creature that have been spotted, are from another word? Isn't that a little, I don't know, impossible?!" The male gave a huff of annoyance, which only seemed to set off Sayako.

"What is up with you and not agreeing with me?! Every single fact I bring to you, you shoot down!" She growled at him, causing Yuki to sit back and let the two argue, not wanting to interfere.