The City's Doomsday

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 5: The City's Doomsday

Elsewhere on the other island of New York City, Gideon was watching from his penthouse tower, basking in all of his glory that he had finally obtained everything he ever wanted: Order, respect, phrase, money, and power beyond anyone's control.

"A toast to a grand decade of my utopia" Gideon toasted to himself, drinking wine out of a glass.

Soon a drone floats near him as he sighs out: "What is it now?"

"THE GROUP SCAVENGING THE INFECTED ISLAND ARE ALL DECEASED" The drone responded.

Gideon growls infuriated: "The mutant turtles"

"AFFIRMATIVE! THERE ARE ALSO REPORTS OF A NEW MUTANT IN SIGHT WITH THOSE MUTANT TURTLES" The drone reported.

"What do you mean by a new mutant?" Gideon demanded.

The drone then shows a 3-D video of the turtles together when the villain spotted the one out of place, Michelangelo.

"That thing" Gideon's eyes widen at the image of Michelangelo: "I thought I destroyed him years ago"

"IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO ASSIST YOU, PRESIDENT GIDEON?" The drone questioned the man in question.

Gideon was confused and seeing this as a threat, he looks at the drone and snarled out:

"Search for that new mutant and bring him to me, alive! I demand some answers from that mutant"

"AFFIRMATIVE" The drone obeyed and left the room.

Alone in the room, Gideon goes to a painting and opens it to reveal a safe, pins in the code and once open, he sees the gem that he once used as a staff since it's the source of his mutation and powers.

"My powers are weakening, I need more of that mutagen from those turtles"

He then smiles evilly and adds: "Since those freaks are so fond of that little mutant they call baby brother, perhaps I can use this Michelangelo to my advantage"

After less than five minutes of riding through the destroyed city, Raphael stops at an abandoned house and parks the bike in the garage.

"This place seems a little familiar somehow" Mikey rubbed his arms uncomfortably at the broken down house.

"This was Casey's house before...well...I suppose Donnie filled you in on the details" Raphael quietly responded.

"He told me bits and pieces but literally from what I heard, Gideon destroyed everything, took over the entire city and...killed all our friends"

Raphael lets out a low hmm and leads Mikey into the building as he heads to the bedroom and takes off his Nightwatcher armour.

"So this is where you've been living, Raph?" Mikey asked.

"There's nowhere else to go and this house still functions" Raphael answered.

Michelangelo soon sees Raphael coming out and notices that as well as looking taller, he was surprisingly more muscular than ever with a few scars on his shell and body. He even notices a tattoo on his right arm with the initials, Mikey, on it.

The young turtle blushes at the sight of the tattoo for while it was nice that Raphael got it in honour for him, it did feel to him a little embarrassing for normally it's mostly those with a lover they get tattoo names of, last Mikey heard.