Nineteen- Diary-Riddle

It was the weekend, and Tom was spending it in the library.

"Here you are, Mr. Riddle," Madam Pince said waving an arm at the bookshelves. "You'll find all the history of the wizarding families."

"Thank you Madam Pince." Tom said with a gracious smile.

As soon as the witch was gone, Tom began pulling old tombs off the shelves. With a tower of books in his arms, Tom looked around for a place to sit. He found a comfortable armchair and table in the back of the library, and settled down.

Tom started with a book titled  "All You Need to Know about Blood Status and More".

Wizards and Witches fall into three categories: Pureblood, Halfblood, Muggle-born.

A witch or wizard who is born to parents and grandparents of only wizarding folk, is classified as Pure-Blood.

A witch or wizard born to one Muggle parent or grandparent is classified as a Half-Blood.

A witch or wizard born to two Muggles is classified as a Muggle-born.

It is well known that Salazar Slytherin strongly believed in preserving "Pure Magical bloodlines" and only accepted those he deemed "pure enough".

After the wizarding community was forced into hiding after the war against Muggles, and with the introduction of the Statute of Secrecy, some Pure-Blood and even Half-Blood wizards and witches decided to uphold Slytherin's doctrine.

A list of Pure-Blood families was created known as the Sacred 28.

Abbot
Avery
Black
Bulstrode
Burke
Carrow
Crouch
Fawley
Flint
Gaunt
Greengrass
Lestrange
Longbottom
Macmillan
Malfoy
Nott
Ollivander
Parkinson
Prewett
Rosier
Rowle
Selwyn
Shacklebolt
Shafiq
Slughorn
Travers
Weasley
Yaxley

However it should be noted that only some still hold by this and the general population is against it.

To find out if you are related to any members of the Scared 28, turn to page 99.

Tom read through the list and took note that he knew some people descended from at least ten of these families. 

Tom flipped to page 99 and found it contained a family tree of the Abbot Family. The next 27 pages were also family trees.

He saw that the Malfoy Family was married into the Black Family, with Draco's name being the latest with his date of birth underneath.

The Weasley Family was mixed with Prewett and Black Families.

And then on page 125 there was the Gaunt Family Tree.

Salazar Slytherin was at the very top.

A few generations later- Gormlaith Gaunt was born in 1576 (died in 1634), followed a few years later by her sister Rinoach Gaunt in 1579 (died in 1608).
Rinoach Gaunt married a man named William Sayre. They had a daughter named Isolt Sayre. She married a man named James Steward and they had two daughters, Martha Steward and Rinoach Steward.
Later on James and Isolt Steward adopted two brothers, Chadwick and Webster Boot.