Hedwig

Hedwig's POV

I flap my wings as I fly across the night sky, the wind ruffling my feathers. I've been sent out on an important mission by this nice Witchy-Human. She fed me a mouse. I must remember to return the favor.

Anyway, about my very important mission! I had to fly all the way out to London, and retrieve a package. Luckily, I was given water and owl treats.

I love owl treats! They're delicious! Harry should give me owl treats more often...

There were some very interesting owls in London. But none are snowy-white like me, so I attracted plenty of attention. There was one in particular- Carmen I believe her name was- who was kind to me. She told me about a new hunting spot with plenty of mice and rabbits.

She's a short-eared owl, and we've decided that if cross paths, we'll go on a hunt together.

Carmen is much nicer than that awful snake! What a meany! Nagini has made it very clear that she does not like me, and therefore I do not like her. Which is a shame, because Harry really wants us to get along.

The package I'm carrying is heavy, but I will be able to get it to Harry in time.

†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†

It's morning, and I'm exhausted. But I will perform my duties- After all, that Witchy-Human did give me that mouse.

I swoop into the place where the Witchy and Wizardy Humans eat, I let out a screech as an owl named Errol nearly plows into me. I cannot stand him!

But luckily I make it to Harry in one piece.

"Hey Hedwig!" Harry greets me. He offers me his goblet filled with pumpkin juice and I take a few sips, as well as some of his toast.

Harry scratches me behind the ears, and I let myself swell a bit, before ruffling my feathers importantly and taking off.

I head straight to the Owlery to get some much needed shut-eye.

†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†

It's night-time, and I remember my promise. I head out along with the other owls, and go to my usual hunting grounds in the forest next to the castle. On my way, I notice two Wizardy-Humans having an argument. One of them has greasy curtains for hair, and the other is wearing a turban.

I land on a branch, curious.

"Sev-Severus, I- I c-can't... I-I'm afr-fraid I don't underst-stand w-what you're s-saying..."

"You know full well what I mean, Quirinus. I know what you are up to. Trolls aren't stupid creatures..."

I grow bored of the conversation, and go hunting.

I make my way back to the castle an hour later with five mice.

Witchy-Human had left the window open, so I just swoop in, and set my gift on her desk.

But how will she know it's from me?

That's when I see the ink, and I come up with an idea.

I dip my foot in the ink, and make several prints on a piece of parchment.

Content with the message, I fly back out the window and join the other owls for a flight over the grounds.

†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†

The next morning, when Minerva McGonagall entered her office, she recoiled at the sight of five dead mice on top of her registry. The scent of an owl lingered in the air, making her smile despite her initial disgust.

Then she turned into her Animagus form and devoured the mice.

Thank you Hedwig!

______________
589 Words