The Skiff

Chapter 16

It turned into something bigger

Somewhere in the haze, got a
sense I'd been betrayed

Your finger on my hair pin triggers

Soldier down on that icy ground

Looked up at me with honor and truth

Broken and blue, so I called off the troops

That was the night I nearly lost you

I really thought I lost you

– The Great war by Taylor Swift

The Darkling stood on Skiff, his form covered with a halo of darkness. The wind blew his black cloak, sending it fluttering around him as the ship sailed through the dark lands of the Fold. The eerie silence was broken only by the sound of waves crashing against the side of the ship.

His eyes shone with otherworldly powers as he surveyed the desolate landscape before him. His fingers traced the edge of the map, a map revealing the Fold's secrets and hidden paths only he knew.

The Skiff sailed through the turbulent waters, the crew of Grisha soldiers on high alert, their eyes darting nervously from Darkling to the impenetrable darkness that surrounded them. Fear and reverence mixed in their expressions, for they knew the power that lay within them.

______________

Kaz Brekker, Inej Ghafa, and Jesper Fahey stood on the dock, their eyes fixed on the Skiff that bobbed gently in the water.

Kaz, with his gloved hands and calculating mind, stepped onto the Skiff first. His eyes scanned the surroundings, taking in every detail with a sharpness that seemed almost supernatural. He gripped the wheel tightly, a silent determination etched on his face.

Inej, the Wraith, followed suit, her lithe form moving with grace as she leaped onto the boat. Her eyes darted around, ever vigilant, as if she could sense the unseen dangers lurking in the shadows.

Jesper, the sharpshooter with a quick wit, took his place at the oars. His hands moved with practiced ease, the muscles in his arms flexing as he propelled the Skiff forward. He glanced at Kaz and Inej, a mischievous grin on his face, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.