Chapter ten

Samantha

It's been over a month since the whole custody thing happened with Joe and Amber and honestly it was torture. Me and Joe haven't been the same since either. We look at each other but say nothing. Today  I was checking to make sure his knee is still good.

I was getting everything ready when he knocked and I look over "Come on in" I say and he nods walking in. The moment he comes in you can cut the tension with a knife. I hate tension but I want to get my work done before I talk to him.

I have do all I have to do and while I was typing stuff up that I saw I look at him "Is this weird for you too?" I ask and he looks at me and nods "Yeah I think Amber is the reason why this is happening" he says making me nod agreeing.

I put my computer down and look at him "Why are we letting her control what we do?" I ask and he looks at me "She threatened your job Sammy" he says. I shake my head "Destiny said they don't care what we do so why are we letting her continue this?" I ask clearly irritated.

He thinks "Well I mean if that's the case then I don't see why we don't continue" he says. I smile and nod "I think we should" I say and he smiles back. I soon finish "Alright you're done but um why don't we do something at my place?" I suggest and he nods.

-Later on-

I decided to just do another movie night with me and Joe and we agreed to do comfy clothes. Which made me happy, I love getting into my comfy clothes after work. It's starting to get cold here in Cincinnati so I threw on a pair of biker shorts and bengals crewneck.

Once I was changed I walked downstairs and got everything ready when I heard a knock making me smile and run to the door seeing Joe. He is in just a white tshirt and grey sweatpants and my god did he look INSANELY fine. I smile "Hey come on in" I let him in.

He walks in and looks around "Nice place you got" he says and I smile "Thanks, I am just finishing getting snacks and was thinking just order pizza?" I ask and he nods. I go and get everything and the order the pizza.

After ordering I hear Joe get a phone call making me look at him. His face just drops "Ok Layla I'll be right there" he says and then hangs up. He looks at me "I'm so sorry, I have to go get Layla apparently her mom left her alone in the house for a long time" he says.

He looks so distraught "It's ok I'll drive come on" I say getting my keys and throwing on my slippers. He looks at me "You don't have to I will be fine" he says as we leave.

I unlock the car and look at him "Yes but you are very much not in the right mind space so come on and call the cops" I say getting into the car.

-At Amber's house-

I get out of the car with Joe and he tries to open the door but it's locked "Shit" he yells looking around. I see a window open and run to it getting in through it. I look around "Layla?" I call out then hear little cries. I soon see her in a corner in the kitchen and run up grabbing her.

I hold her and walk to the door unlocking it. Joe looks over and sighs in relief soon taking her and holding her. I hear the cops pull up and walk down to them with him and explain everything to the cops.

Just as we're all talking Amber pulls up "Woah woah, what's going on?" she asks looking at everyone getting out. Joe looks at her and hands Layla to me walking up "What's going on? You left MY daughter in a house by herself is what's going on" he almost yells at her.

Amber goes to say something but then stops as the cops arrest her "Waif woah you're locking me up??" she tries getting out of their grip but then puts her into the car. They soon drive off and I look at Joe while holding Layla who won't stop shaking and crying "We need to go Joe" I say. He nods and we get into my car and drive to my house.

-After a bit-

I had settled Layla down in my room and let her sleep in there so she can rest after that traumatic experience. I soon walked down to Joe who looks so distraught "You ok?" I ask placing my hands on his shoulders. He looks at me and shrugs "I just...how can she do that??" he says. I sit down next to him "Honestly Joe, I'm not surprised she did this because it definitely seemed like something she would do the moment she came back but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt" I say.

He sighs and stays silent for a bit before saying "I'm sorry our date ended up like this" making me shake my head "Don't worry about it, I mean if you want we can still watch a movie? Our date can still somewhat happen?" I suggest and he nods.

I smile and lead him to my couch and put on a movie. I chose Happy Gilmore since it's a bit of a funnier movie and I feel like Joe needs a good laugh. I just can't believe Amber did this. How can someone just leave a child? I cant even imagine what Joe is thinking.

We sat there watching the movie and I looked at him. He is such a handsome man between how gorgeous his eyes looked, how he just laughed slightly when a funny part came onto the tv, and he just had that perfect curl.

He soon looks down at me and smiles then looks at my lips. I smirk noticing and lean in slightly "You wanna finish the rest of the way?" I tease making him smirk and lean in finally kissing me.

It was just like I imagined it would be.

___
A/N: I am SO sorry for not updating! When I tell you guys I have been working like CRAZY! I will make sure to update more later on!

Please vote and comment!