Chapter nine

(Ngl I started to write this chapter and then I got high and then none of it made sense so I stopped and went to bed lmao)

Samantha

After I received that text from Amber I screenshot it and then called my mom walking into my office. I don't know how she does it but she always answers after the first ring "Hi sweetie" she says.

I laugh "How do you always answer right away?" I ask. I can hear her start to laugh "Not sure, whatcha need honey?" she asks.

I look around and then walk out going somewhere more private "One of the players that I work with here is going through something with his kid and baby mama and needs a lawyer to make sure she does not get custody for the kid, I gave him t your number but said to wait ti contact you till I called" I say.

She says back "Ok have him call me and I will see what I can do" I smile "Thanks mom oh and she texted me separately threatening me so I took a screenshot do you want it?" I ask unsure of what to do with it.

I wait a bit before she responds "Yes send it to me" and I nod "Ok I have to go but I will get that all to you, love you" I say and after she says it back I hang up. I walk to my office and see a sticky note on my computer making me look around.

No one looks suspicious so I pick it up and read it

'You can try and help all you want but it won't work Joey and Layla WILL be mine and you will just all be forgotten!

-Amber'

My eyes widens. How did I not see her walk in? I look around again making sure she isn't in here. I shake it off and then take a picture of the note as well and send them both to mom.

-At court-

I was waiting in the parking lot for my mom and Joe to come out and it felt like it was taking forever. Soon Joe and her come out as Amber comes out and she just has a smirk on her face which can only mean one thing.

I wait until she finishes talking to them and then I walk out to them "So? What did they say?" I ask and Joe looks at me like he's about to cry.

My face drops and I just hug him "I'm so sorry Joe maybe there's a way we can figure for you to get full custody" I say as he hugs back.

But as soon as he hugs back and pulls away "Um she even told people that we were seeing each other and they said if you want to keep your job you have to keep a distance from me" he says looking heart broken. My face drops as I look at my mom who just nods.

I sigh and nod stepping away "It's ok we can figure this all out right mom?" I ask looking at her again who shrugs. She thinks "Only way for this to be fixed, is if she does something and loses all rights" she says. I nod "Well let's just hope she does" I say and Joe nods.

-Next day in the facility-

I was keeping my distance from Joe and it just broke my heart. My boss, Destiny, came up and sat next to me "Ya know we didn't care things were happening between you and Joe" she says making me look at her.

She just nods "Amber is just being how she always is, but don't worry before you know it Joe will get Layla back and this will all be over" she says smiling at me.

I smile slightly and then look at Joe who seems to be in his own world "I hate she's doing this to him during his season though" I say shaking my head.

Destiny looks at Joe and notices it too "She was always like that, even though Joe never saw it till she left" she says and I just shake my head. Amber is just trying to ruin everyone's lives.

They soon called the end of practice and I got my stuff ready because I was going to go out with Hannah to get my mind off of everything.

However we planned for when I just got done work so I packed my stuff with me to get ready in the bathroom with.

Once in the bathroom I throw on my leggings and baby blue tank crop top along with my flip flops I packed. I also brought a light zipper up jacket because it gets cold at nights.

I take my hair out of its braid and just let my blonde waves be. I decided not to put on makeup other than lip gloss and called it a day. I then left and went to the bar.

When I arrive Hannah is already there so I just walk up and sit down next to her "Hey girl" she says smiling and I smile back "Hey". I sit down and take my debit card out of my wallet.

I order a beer along with Hannah and then I look at her. She can see it all over my face "What's wrong?" she asks and I sigh tearing up "Amber is getting partial custody of Layla and has pretty much threatened if me and Joe don't stop seeing each other I will lose my job" I say.

Hannah's jaw drops "Oh no Sammy" she says and then hugs me. I try so hard not to let it out but I can't control it "The only way for Joe to get full custody and for us to talk again is if Amber fucks up and loses all rights" I say and then pull away to wipe my tears.

The bartender gives us our beers and along with shots. I look confused "We didn't order shots?" I ask him and he nods "No but they got them for you" he says pointing to both Joe and Ja'Marr at the end of the bar.

I smile slightly and wave at Joe then look at Hannah "I mean that doesn't mean you and him can't be friends right?" she asks and she has a point.

So we decide to go over and spend the rest of the night with them two.

____
A/N: Andddd another update! I hope you guys love this as much as I do!

Please vote and comment!