CHAPTER SEVEN

.
.
.
.
.
.

The next morning Kat woke up alone again her eyes slowly peering around for Wally who was gone

The next morning Kat woke up alone again her eyes slowly peering around for Wally who was gone. Back on the field once again despite it being a weekend, he took his athletics seriously. At first Kat was going to go there but figured maybe he needed time for himself. So instead she wandered the empty school halls until she found herself outside the girls locker room once again.

"Let go of me!" Kat pleads as the boy towers over her. "It's okay just relax-"

"Kat?" Charley asks as Kat stares at the locker room door before blinking and looking at him with a forced smile. "Uh- hey. Sorry didn't uh hear you coming up." Kat mutters as he nods slowly.

"No group today. It's our free days on Saturday and Sunday." Charley says with excitement making Kat smile and nod happy she didn't need to attend.

"What do you usually do for fun?" Kat asks and the boy smiles leading her to follow him to an art classroom.

"Anything I want in here." He says with arms outstretched making Kat smile thoughtfully looking around. Her father forced her to drop all art classes once she reached high school. He claimed it was a pointless class ever since he saw one piece of work she had stuffed in her bag.

He ripped it up into pieces.

He called it ugly.

"So do you want to?" Charley asks and Kat peers up realizing once again she zoned out. "Uh-... y-yeah okay." She agrees making him smile as she tried to play it off. He begins grabbing materials setting himself up. "What uh- what should I start with?" She asks slowly making him purse his lips.

"Paint. Let's paint together." He says with a smile making her nod setting up as well a lot less smooth, he had years of practice.

Katherine didn't know what to paint at first but soon she glanced at Charley working and decided to paint him. She begins mixing colors and keeps glancing to him religiously.

"So.... You and uh- Wally huh?" Charley asks with a smothered smile that grows the more he tries to hide it.

Katherine's face went bright red as she looked away from him and shrugged with a small smile. "I don't know what I'm doing." She says softly making Charley look at her before understanding she meant with Wally and not her art.

"Just- go with how you feel. First love.... It's great." He says softer then before making Kat glance at him before taking a deep breathe scared to cross a line. She just wanted to be more friendly and understanding.

"Have you dated a guy before then?" Kat asks making Charley go rigid but nod.

"Yeah. One. Kids at school bullied me for being gay and- in swoops this guy. We were all having a boys camp out and people were pairing for tents. I accepted that no one would want to share with the gay guy. And if they offered it was to do something cruel. Then the new guy comes over-" Charley smiles so big it had to hurt now making Kat smile for him.