CHAPTER FIVE

.
.
.
.
.
.

Katherine felt all of the air she no needed leave her lungs as her eyes met Rhonda's shocked one's

Katherine felt all of the air she no needed leave her lungs as her eyes met Rhonda's shocked one's. She scurried putting her shirt back on the faint bruises making Rhonda blink slowly before looking her in the eyes with determination. "What the hell was that?" She asks as Kat shakes her head trying to think of something. A lie.

It wasn't exactly new for her to make up excuses for her fathers actions. One time she came to school with a black eye, it was the only time she talked to someone and it was the principal.

A concerned teacher told him of the mark and the principal did protocol of calling her down to explain.

Katherine lied saying she had ran into something at home and the principal accepted it and sent her on her way. Anyone with common sense would know it wasn't from anything but a fist.

"N-nothing. Look Wally's probably waiting for me so I better go." Kat says while rounding the girl. Rhonda grabs her arm to keep her in place, it wasn't rough at all but Katherine flinched away and winced as if preparing herself for something.

Rhonda froze looking the girl up and down easily piecing things together, she was an honors student. She was definitely a lot smarter then most high school kids as she had taken her education very seriously.

"Your dad was at the memorial.... You looked upset.... Now you have marks and flinch when I touch you?" Rhonda voices it slowly as if saying it too fast would spook the girl.

"It-its not that." Kat says with a forced smile about to turn away but stops as Rhonda scoffs that kindness she once held gone.

Not because she didn't feel bad for Kat, quite the opposite she felt really guilty. Thinking back to how the girl had said she felt relieved to be dead.

"So- if I ask Charley he will tell me that's not what he read?" Rhonda asks and Kat whips around her face pale as she shakes her head.

"N-no. It's not and- ...... I don't see how it's any of your business." Kat stuttered as her heart felt like it was racing and ready to pulse out of her chest. Her anxiety was flaring, it's like she forgot she was dead and their wouldn't be a punishment for people knowing.

"Wow- cupcake I'm just.... I'm trying to be a- supportive friend." Rhonda says the word as if it is foreign to even her.

"I don't need friends. I was fine before this and Im fine now." Kat huffs with annoyance lashing out at Rhonda who sees it all for what it is.

Fear.

"Whatever." Rhonda snaps while rounding the girl making sure she didn't touch her. She may be mad but Rhonda was not cruel, she didn't want to see the girl flinch in fear again.