CHAPTER THREE

.
.
.
.
.
.

Katherine curled more into the warmth below her sleepily, a hand rubbing her back calmly once again

Katherine curled more into the warmth below her sleepily, a hand rubbing her back calmly once again. All of a sudden boys yelling in the gym could be heard and it made her groan and huff.

She wasn't much of a morning person.

Wally on the other hand...

Hearing the yelling of sports woke the boy right up and he tried to sit up in a rush knowing he was a bit late. He tended to run at least a mile every morning before going to the field to warm up his football technique. But something was pinning him down making Wally forget what until he looked.

Katherine laid on top of him snoring softly but her face kept scrunching up here and there as the noises in the gym would escalate.

Wally didn't move, he laid there staring back at her resting face for what felt like eternity. Really it was only a few minutes as the girl groaned squinting her eyes open. The gym squeaking from running sneakers and loud teen boys had made her wake up.

She too had forgotten where she had fallen asleep so opening her eyes and squinting at Wally she didn't process it. Not until she blinked a few times as he smiled at her making her face go beat red and eyes wide open.

The girl instinctively went to put space between them but that just caused her to fall face first on the floor again.

"Your clumsy." Wally said as a fact but he still wore a humored smile as the girl turned her head and glared at him still laying on the floor. "Thank you.... I hadn't noticed." She muttered before pushing herself up and stretching.

For the briefest of seconds her shirt lifted up and she hurried to lower it. She hadn't looked to see if her dying removed her fathers old bruises yet or not.

"Gotta run my morning mile." The boy says before rushing out of the office making Kat slowly follow unsure what she should do with herself. The only hobby she had while she was alive was reading, so with a shrugs she went to do just that.

Her fingers run along the book shelves as she looks for one of her first books to start while being dead. Her hand stopping on a book about dolphins making the girl huff and grab it.

Katherine rested her head in her hand and opened the book up. She got a good distance in it when she began to grow paranoid feeling like someone was watching her. But- she was dead now so it was impossible making Kat shrug it off and keep reading.

She couldn't help but smile as the dolphin in her book helped save a drowning person. Kat biting her nail to try and smother the smile slowly looked around her surroundings before catching eyes with Wally who simply sat next to her staring at her.

"Uh-..... how long were you here?" Kat asks slowly making Wally blink processing she was talking to him. He couldn't seem to break from his old schedule which involved going to the library during what would be Kats third period and sometimes lunch due to the bullies: