Chapter 24 - Live in the High

I couldn't focus on the game, and instead, was just watching my sister, and my ex, like a hawk. My eyes wouldn't lift from the blonde and brunette who sat a few rows ahead.

"Tipp," Lia said, nudging me. "Stop stressing." I looked at her, trying not to laugh.

"No stress," I replied.

"You're definitely stressing," Caitlin said, peering over Lia to look at me.

"Don't you think it's weird?" I then said as the Dutch girls were running around the pitch in front of us. It was still 0-0.

"What?" Lia asked.

"My ex, and my sister," I responded, pointing.

"Oh my gosh, that's Eden?" Caitlin exclaimed.

"Yep," I responded, looking down.

"She looks kind of familiar," Caitlin said, trying to work it out.

"She was on my Instagram?" I asked, trying to see if that may be it.

"Hm, no, not that..." Caitlin responded. "Whatever. What are you going to do?"

"Not sure," I responded. "Talk to my sister; talk some reason into her." Caitlin chuckled, and Lia put an arm around me.

Soon, it was full time and a 0-0 score stood still; extra time was needed.

"Drink?" I asked Lia and Caitlin.

"Another one?" Lia asked.

"Don't mother me," I pleaded.

"No thanks," Caitlin responded, and Lia shook her head. I headed up to the bar, surrounded by many Dutch supporters, all rocking bright orange jerseys.

As I grabbed my drink, I turned around to see Eden standing in front of me.

"Really?" she asked, pointing at my drink.

"Yeah, well, if you weren't sitting with my ex-girlfriend maybe i wouldn't need it," I responded, snarkily.

"Touche, well, you okay?" she asked.

"I'm alright..." I responded, confused.

"Good, good." She couldn't keep her eyes off the drink, and I knew I should do the right thing. I took one swing and threw it in the bin.

We walked beside each other, around the ground, as the break between full-time and extra time, began.

"Why are you sitting there?" I asked her.

"With Ellie, or at the game?" she asked, wanting to clarify.

"Both," I responded.

"Well, I know some of the Dutch girls," Eden answered, nonchalantly, "Because of Wolfsburg, and so they gave me a ticket."

"And with Ellie?" I asked.

"She saw me, recognized me, and changed some seats around."

"Did you remember her?" I asked.

"Of course I did," Eden replied. "I was there nearly every day for both you and Ellie. Both of your faces bring me straight back to 15-year-old me." I smiled softly, not sure whether that was a good thing or a bad one, but Eden's tone made me feel as if it was okay.

"Okay, okay," I said, somewhat relaxing.

"Is everything okay?" she then asked me, holding a hand to my arm.

"Yeah, just confused," I replied.

"You can talk to me," Eden then said. I chuckled softly, not wanting to be the villain but finding it really hard not to be.