04 | annoyed

"Eighty-six. Eighty-seven. Eighty-eight," the voice coaxed out. "Eighty-...nine. Ninety!"

As the Fire Ninja collapsed on the concrete floor, the people around him spared him a look of boredom.

"Couldn't even get to a hundred?" Lloyd asked his friend, unimpressed.

"Shut up!" Kai yelled, turning his head to Lloyd. "It's not like you're any better."

"Always so snappy." The Green Ninja shook his head as he sighed.

Kai's tired body slowly lifted itself up and into a sitting position. His eyes roamed around the barely filled prison cell.

It was day time in Ninjago. He could see it through the narrow window that was on the other side of the round building. Jay was sitting on his bed; the upper bed of the bunk bed that was pushed against the left corner. Cole was trying to get Zane to speak something that was not emotionless, and Lloyd was sitting on the upper bed of the bunk bed that was pushed against the right corner of the cell and reading a book.

Kai sighed. It was day eight in Krypterium, according to the eight tally marks that were carved on the concrete wall next to Jay's bed.

Many other people were awake as well and making some noise. Wooden cups were clattered against the metal bars and people were not shouting but talking very loudly.

It got on Kai's nerves.

"Come on, Zane," Cole said, grabbing his friend's stiff shoulders and shaking his body back and forth. "Tell me what's four plus four!"

"Eight."

"How about you add a little... pzazz to your answer?"

"Eight."

Cole tilted his head back and groaned. "You're no fun, Zane!" he accused, letting go of his shoulders to cross his arms.

Zane chose not to react and instead led his gaze away from the Black Ninja.

Loud footsteps neared the ninjas' cell, and the voice followed soon after.

"Ninja," a guard said coldly. "You have visitors."

Upon hearing those words, all five ninja looked at the guard, their interests piqued.

"Visitors?" Lloyd asked, putting his book down to jump down the bunk bed. He landed right next to Kai. "Who?"

"Your manager and his assistant."

Cole furrowed his eyebrows as he came to stand next to his friends.

"Our manager and his... assistant?"

— — — —

The two visitors were sitting on the visitor's side of the visiting area. There was a piece of durable plexiglass that separated the visitors from the inmates, and the only way to speak to each other was over a black telephone that had a cord preventing people from stealing it.

They were the only people in the entire room. It was eerily quiet as there were only two police guards on either side of the door.

The door on the inmate's side was opened as shackled footsteps rung throughout the room. A guard stepped inside first before the Green Ninja came in next. Behind him was Cole, behind Cole was Jay, behind Jay was Zane, and behind Zane was Kai. Behind Kai was a guard holding his taser ready in his hands.

The five ninja were all shackled to the nines. Handcuffs were binding their hands together and each of them had large balls of vengestone tied to their feet that were shackled together as well.