11 | bewildered

The atmosphere inside Krypterium was tense and tight. Everyone felt different emotions while they all watched as Nya Smith was brought to her cell.

She herself felt all eyes on her. Especially five pairs that she had yearned for.

"We should have expected this one to follow their example," the guard, who was holding her by her left elbow, said, his Scottish accent thick and pronounced.

Nya side-eyed him but kept quiet. Starting a fight with a guard in her first few minutes in that prison was not on her mental list.

Her brown eyes observed the two guards at the front. One of them had some keys in his hand that he used on the cell that was meant to be hers.

She walked into it willingly and held out her arms so that the guard could take off her handcuffs. Her ankle shackles came off next before the cell door was locked again.

"Attention," a voice boomed through a megaphone. It was the boss of the facility so everybody looked up at him as he looked down at everyone from his place on top of the tower in the middle of the circular building.

"Since we now have all six of our former ninja in here, we will need to make some changes regarding eating times," he said before he pulled out a folder. "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, Jay Walker, Kai Smith, Cole Brookstone and Zane Julien will be eating their three meals at their regular times, meaning six a.m., twelve p.m. and eight p.m., together with..." The man listed off uncountable more names that were supposed to eat at their normal times as well.

"Nya Smith and..." He counted off another chunk of names that were supposed to dine together, "will eat when the other ninja are back in their cells again, which is exactly thirty minutes after their round. The reasoning behind this is so that the ninja will obviously not be able to communicate with one another. Mayor Trustable's orders. That is it for now."

With that being said, the man disappeared inside the tower.

Nya immediately looked away from the tower and glanced ahead, and like the lucky woman she was, the others were right across from her.

They were all basically glued to the bars as they looked back at her longingly. She even saw Kai and Jay rubbing their eyes and Lloyd visibly sniffing.

A smile appeared on her face, her own eyes watering a little. She walked up to her own bars and held on to them, copying their actions.

She waved at them, and they immediately waved back, making her laugh.

"Well, well. Who do we have here?"

Nya's smile disappeared when she realized that the annoying, high-pitched voice came from within her cell. She turned around.

"Violet," she said, sounding a little surprised about finding out about her new cellmate.

Ultra Violet was sitting on the top bunk of the bunk bed that was pushed up against the left wall side. The bed beneath was empty, as well as the other bunk beds in the cell.

"It's Ultra Violet to you," the woman corrected. She was looking down at her nails instead of Nya. "What a nice surprise to see you. In here."

Nya rolled her eyes. "What can I say? I've crossed over to the dark side."

Ultra Violet let out a loud, amused bark as she spared Nya a look before jumping down to the floor. She came to stand in front of her, their heights almost the exact same.

Nya held her head high, staring straight into her dark brown eyes. Her lids were covered in the signature purple that was the same color as her lipstick and her clothes. But since she was an inmate, she was no longer wearing purple but the same black-and-white-striped attire, just like Nya.