00 | impaled

It all happened too fast. Way too fast.

One second he was feeling the newfound euphoria coursing through his veins, the next second he felt his blood freeze.

At first it felt just like a small prick, almost like a papercut or a needle accidentally stabbing one's finger. But once the initial shock wore off, it all came crashing down on him.

The blade sunk deeper into his skin as he was still shellshocked. His eyes began to blur out most of the images he was trying to see, and his ears began to ring deafeningly.

And then, when the blade was shoved deeply enough into his back, realization hit him. All the bottled up pain hit him like a tidal wave, like a dam breaking under the pressure of a fast river's stream, like an overflowing well.

He parted his lips, yet no words came out. It was like his ability to speak was taken away from him.

With tears gathering in his brown eyes, he slowly looked down and choked on a scream when he saw the giant sword sticking out of his torso. There was no blood, surprisingly, but the pain was still agonizing.

His hands dropped the golden object down on their own accord. He had no say in what his body was doing anymore.

He was ready to fall down but was confused when he was lifted up rather than meeting the concrete ground. Even though he could barely feel his own body, he could sense that he wasn't actually lifted up by someone but rather something.

A white wind, kind of like a faint tornado, surrounded his entire body, beginning from his feet and eventually reaching the top of his head.

He felt lightheaded, but that was reasonable after getting stabbed. But he was also feeling lighter in general, like his weight was taken off.

Then he realized that he was floating in the air. He began to spin around in his own axis.

He just let it be, there was nothing his weakened body could do to make it stop.

And just before he saw black, the last thing his eyes were met with was a reflection of himself looking back at him with a mischievous smile on his face.