1 - strange coincidences

Y/n POV
I couldn't stand this place anymore. I huffed as I watched myself get flown off to what is known as the Death Star. I had been working on Naboo for awhile but a lot of the men in the city couldn't seem to believe I was the amazing Y/n L/n and I was the galaxies best mechanic. I didn't know why, my name doesn't sound very manly. Least, not to me I guess.

When I saw the storm troopers at my door and a captain come dressed in their formal gear I was a bit surprised. Of course everyone eyed me like I had done something wrong. But they actually offered me a job. One that paid very well. I was to be the mechanic for them and also help design new ships for the fleet. I accepted easily and when I had gotten on the ship the captain who is named Harken informed me that this Death Star was also the main home of the infamous Darth Vader.

I shivered a moment and looked shocked. Kinda wished they said that before I accepted. Darth Vader was absolutely blood thirsty and I had heard he killed all the Jedi at the temple. I bit my lip looking down. My brother had died three years before this happened. But I couldn't help but hate this Vader since he probably killed my childhood friend Anakin Skywalker.

I'm sure his mother is just as devastated as I was when she learned about his death. Wherever she was I always hoped the best for her. Force be with that poor woman. I tried to take care of her the best I could and she was sad when she had to leave me behind. I looked out to the black void as I sighed. I hoped this job wasn't going to be a mistake.

—————

When I heard a storm trooper say they where almost there I stood up. This space station was MASSIVE! My mouth went open and I started to think all it took to create this thing and my mind flew with ideas. I always loved to tinker and fix things. That hobby turned into a business when I started to build ships and fix them up. The reputation I held wasn't easy to get. But I wear it with pride.

When the ship landed captain Harken looked my way. "Please come with me. I'll have you meet this space stations admiral" he spoke so formally. I followed behind him. This place was so bright and white I felt like my eyes where going to melt. I got used to it after a few minutes of course. But fuckin hel! When Harken stood up straight and saluted this man before me the admiral nodded and looked to me. He eyed me up and down. I felt myself mentally eye roll. I was sure he was thinking like all the men on Naboo.

"Pleasure to meet you. I hope your reputation proceeds you." He spoke formally too.

"It does, sir" I spoke respectfully.

"Good. We need it. Take this" he held out a comlink and I took it. "This is so we can contact you whenever we've got work for you or we need you in a meeting."

As I looked to it I nodded "forgive the fact I haven't spoken my name. My name is Admiral O'Neil. You will be addressing me as admiral like everyone else." He looked from me to someone over my shoulder who just walked in "ah. There is our weapons specialist. You'll be working closely with him since he'll make the weapons for your ships. Which you will be in charge of also putting on." He walked over to him and looked to me.

"Take her to her quarters Travis. Inform her where the mess hall and other places are. She must be brought up to speed before Lord Vader is here" he finished as this new guy nodded to him. "Yes sir." This guy named Travis smiled my way and nodded for me to follow.

As I walked beside him he seemed to drop his formal ways. "As you heard. My name is Travis. Nice to meet you...?" I looked his way. "Y/n. Nice to meet you" I shook his hand as he kept his smile. "It's nice to finally have some help around here. I've been bouncing back and forth. Heard about your amazing skills with building."