"The tug of war"

Disclaimer : The Court is not fun! Trust me, the scenes of a court in serials and movies are not true or original. It has many procedures, protocols and steps to be followed. Many arguments that a lawyer puts forth won't be pleasing too. I am also not so familiar with all court procedures (but is studying ;⁠) ) and so forgive me if the scenes and dialogues have no match to the real ones. (Especially if there are any lawyers and senior students.)

It's still a cliche version of courts which are potrayed in reel world.

_____________________________________

Akshara, Abhinav, Kairav and Manish walked inside the Family court and stopped in the way inside, seeing Abhimanyu and Manjiri already present there with a lawyer who confidently sat alongside

Akshara gulped a lump in her throat and gazed the three, before settling down on the opposite side. She has been preparing herself for this moment for the past 5 years and finally when it was already on her head, she could feel nothing but nervousness.

Also the incapability of getting grab on the LLB degree even though she had enough time made her regret badly, as she sat inside the court, silently hoping that the lawyer they chose would do her job in an excellent way. But chills of worry ran down her spine when she saw the wickedness and experience which was evident in The advocate's face whom The Birla's chose as their representative.

"We won't fall behind right Ma'am ?" Akshara slightly whispered in their advocate's ears and earned a sigh from her.

"Akshara ji, see.. you gave me the case na.. so trust me for once" The lady advocate named Neha, who was appearing for Goenkas, calmly assured Akshara and she nodded her head in understanding. Akshara never wanted to irritate the one who was willing to help them, but her motherly instincts and worry made her do so.

Soon a long bell was pressed and the ones who stood outside the hall entered inside in a hurry. Once the heavy shuffling of Feet terminated, The Judge, who was lady of around 35, walked in, to the dice. She stood infront of the people and the advocates, joined her hands and bowed. Every one infront followed the action and did the same before taking the seats.

And soon the Roll call started and the respective representative advocates of each case appeared, some cases where kept apart for hearing while some where postponed to another dates. Abhimanyu and Akshara sat in the two sides, with troubled hearts. Never have they thought they would end up in a court, leading battle against each other for the custody of their kid.

And finally the most awaited case number was announced loudly and both Abhimanyu's and Akshara's advocates jumped up and moved to the front. They appeared for their respective cases and made it sure to the Judge that the parties from both the sides were available. The judge Nodded and kept the file to the side and the roll call continued.

And finally the Roll call came to an end and The selected cases were again called for detailed examination. The number of people inside the court diminished once the primary call ended, making the place a bit less suffocating for Abhimanyu and Akshara who sat numb and expressionless on either sides.