Preparing For the Ball

CinderAmity's mind raced with thoughts of the Princess's Halloween Ball since the day the invitations went out. She desperately wanted to go and hoped Belos would allow her to, but she hardly ever got the chance to ask him. With Boscha and Bria staying with them for the time being, CinderAmity was kept on her toes for most of the week. Two days before the ball, she finally decided to talk to Belos. She nervously knocked on the door to the study.

"Come in." His uninterested voice said from behind the door. She cautiously went in and he glanced in her direction as she walked over to him. "What is it?"

"Uh... um... I, um... I..." She tried to say what was on her mind, but for some reason, she couldn't form the words.

This annoyed Belos. "Are you trying to say something or are you just clearing your throat?"

"I'm trying to say something. I'm sorry." She quickly said before taking a deep breath and calming down. "Belos, sire... I wanted to talk to you... about the Halloween Ball."

He raised an eyebrow and set down the book he was reading. "...What about it?"

"Well, uh... it's two days away and you know as well as I do that practically everyone on the Boiling Isles is invited. Plus, Bria and Boscha have been talking about it nonstop and they're really excited about it. And I am too, frankly. So I just wanted to officially ask... could I go to the Ball too? Please, it'll just be for that one night. I'll do anything. Please?" She inched closer to him with her hands clasped together, hoping he would say yes.

Belos paused and tapped his chin with his finger while furrowing his brow in thought. He remained silent for a few seconds before noticing the desperate look in her eyes. That gave him an idea.

"...You know what? You're right. I suppose it is just for one night." He said, taking her hand in his own. "And I see no reason why you can't go. I'll tell you what, my dear. If you can finish all of your chores and help Boscha, Bria, and myself get ready, provided you can find something suitable to wear, you can go."

CinderAmity instantly lit up. "Really? You mean it?!"

He nodded. "What do you say?"

"Of course! I'll get started on my chores right away! And I'm sure I can find something to wear!" She exclaimed happily, giving him a big hug. "Thank you so much, Belos! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" And with that, she excitedly ran out the door, leaving Belos alone once again.

Boscha and Bria suddenly stumbled through the door frame; they had been standing outside the door and listening to everything. They stared at Belos in shock.

"Lord Belos, have you lost it?!" Boscha exclaimed.

"Do you even realize what you just said?!" Bria added.

"...Why of course I do." He said with an evil smirk; he carefully brushed any soot and dust off his cape. "I said if."

The two young witches looked at each other in surprise, catching on to what Belos really had in mind. They giggled amongst themselves as Belos chuckled to himself. Unbeknownst to them, Ghost was hiding outside the door and heard everything they said and she was fuming. Even though she was just a palisman, she decided to take matters into her own paws and help give her mistress the chance to go to the ball. The day of the Halloween Ball finally came and CinderAmity's happiness faded when she realized the amount of chores she still needed to complete. Every moment she got closer to finishing, Bria and Boscha demanded her attention in helping them prepare for the ball. Even Belos had a few demands that had to be met. The closer the time came, the less cheerful CinderAmity became. During that time, Ghost had been searching high and low for something for CinderAmity to wear and eventually, her efforts had proved to be very fruitful.