The Sisters

Base idea suggested d by NicStar211

Anais sat at the dining room table, book open in her paws, ready to continue its adventure. But right now the young rabbit was far too distracted by something else to consider reading her book at the moment.

Over in the living room, was Gumball, happily laughing and playing. But he wasn't what she was interested in, however. It was the person he was playing with.

Polly. Penny's little sister.

For the last few weeks, due to it being the summer holiday, both the Wattersons and Fitzgeralds were off from school. And due to her parents still going to work throughout the week, Penny had been left in charge of looking after Polly until they got back home.

Now, this would have been fine, if Penny herself had not also regularly been busy with her own day-to-day activities, such as chores, grocery shopping, cheerleader practice, friend meetups, etc. Things that she couldn't do whilst also looking after Polly...which is exactly where Gumball had come in.

He'd agreed to look after Polly a couple of days a week during the holidays in order to give his girlfriend time to do whatever errands she needed to, or to just have a break, in peace. She had, naturally, been a little hesitant at asking him to take on such a task given what had happened the last time he had been in charge of Polly, but she really didn't trust anyone else with her sister and Polly seemed to like Gumball a lot, so she was more than willing to give him another chance.

To her surprise, he had rejected her offer of paying him for his services. Even when she had insisted upon doing so he had been adamant that he could never ask her to pay him for his help, and that he was more than happy to look after Polly as a simple favor. It was the least he could do after everything she had done for him and put up with.

As so, for the last few weeks, whenever Penny needed to do something she'd drop off Polly with Gumball for a few hours, or sometimes even the whole day. The two would play, watch TV, have tea parties, bake cupcakes, dress up, or do whatever else Polly decided she wanted to do with him.

And Anais hated it.

The two were doing the exact kind of things she had used to do with Gumball when she was only a baby. Playing and having fun together in the exact same way they had used to. Gumball was even talking to her in the exact same way he'd used to, in the babyish encouraging tone.

Earlier on the young rabbit had been looking forward to spending some time with Gumball, just the two of them together, since Darwin was out with Carrie. and their Dad had gone out on some quest to find what he called "The SizzleDog", leaving Gumball and ANais alone, with the feline obviously in charge of her.

But then, of course, Penny had needed to run some errands for her parents and so had to come over and dropped off Polly, and now the feline's attention was entirely on the young shelled fairy since according to him 'Polly needs more attention than she does',  he 'didn't need to baby her' and she was 'more than capable of keeping herself occupied for a few hours' whilst he took care of Polly.

And so here she was, sat watching her brother play hide and seek with someone else's sister as she was ignored and left to entertain herself.

Gumball was hiding in a super obvious spot, standing behind the curtain with his entire lower half completely visible. Anais smiled as she remembered the two of them playing this game together, quite frequently. One of her favorite things to do had been to hide somewhere and then jump out and scare him just as he'd been about to find her.