Author's Notes

Thanks for reading these short, cute little stories! I really enjoyed writing them! More will slowly be added in the future, so stay tuned! Let me know if you have any ideas/requests and also if you see any mistakes.

The Nerd

Ah, the first Gumball story I ever wrote. I had the idea for the "You're our nerd" line first and the rest of the story started to form from there. I wanted to show more of Gumball's soft side, behind all the sarcasm and narcissism. I always liked the idea of him having a soft spot for Anais.

The Thunderstorm

Had the idea for this during a thunderstorm. Felt like we still needed some more closure after The Rival, with Anais truly accepting Gumball. Will probably do one with Darwin as well eventually to get closure with him too.

The Friend

This story came about as I'd done a lot of Gumball stuff and wanted to do some more stuff with Darwin and Anais and also because we never really saw much of the two interacting without Gumball, despite Anais claiming Darwin was her favorite, so I wanted to actually show some of their bond.

The Teacher

We've had enough of Gumball comforting Anais, let's do the reverse! I wanted to show some of Anais using her smarts and what better way to do that than to help her brother outsmart his evil teacher? I also wanted to show she actually does care about her brothers, because the show often made it seem like she didn't care about them or even disliked them.

The Protection

Requested to me by adolfotovar78. To summarise, the prompt I was given was, 'Anais gets badly hurt in a fight at school and tries to hide it from Gumball and Darwin'. The prompt only went up to Gumball and Darwin finding out so I was free to do whatever I wanted from then on, and I think it turned out great!

The story was originally called 'The Scars' but that made it feel like the story was way more adult than it actually was so I went with the more fitting name 'The Protection'

I also took a little inspiration from T. Funk the Coolmunk's 'The Sister' with the reasoning for Julius being mad at Anais being the same as in that story, as I thought it worked well (and it saved me having to think up something else)

I also added in the nightmare scene at the end a while after I'd already scripted the rest of the story as I had the idea for it and just had to put it in as it was so adorable!

Thanks for the request adolfotovar, I hope I did it justice!

The Pet

Inspired by marsogoswife's stories on Wattpad, I decided to write my own Darwin hurt/comfort one shot as so far they've all been about Anais whether that be from Gumball/Darwin towards her or her towards them, and it was about time to do one of the main duo!

I decided to make it around/related to the events of The Roots as Darwin felt oddly okay with it afterward and just immediately shrugged it off once he got back to them.

'The Purr of Love' was inspired by the 'True Purr' in Hatoralo's 'The Cuddling'. I thought it was a really cute idea so decided to make my own version of it, which made for a cute little bonding moment.