Chapter 11: Getting Kicked in the Gut Hurts Like Heck

Liaanna’s POV
12:20am

Once the metro arrived at our stop and the doors opened, Carlos and I dashed out of the metro and dodged all the groups of people getting onto it.

“Isn’t Cat supposed to meet us here!” I yelled over all the loud noise from the metro and people talking.

We ran past the giant map of all the train routes and sprinted down the staircase, which led to the exit.

“Yeah!” Carlos tapped his E-Z Card on the card reader. “Outside the station!”

I also tapped my E-Z Card on the reader and then ran around the left corner to exit. Carlos followed me. Once we ran around the corner, we saw Cat standing there with her arms crossed. And in her ninja suit.

“Hurry up and quick change, you idiots!” Cat beckoned, uncrossing her arms and running along with us.

Carlos and I both pushed the button and quickly changed at the same time.

We’re running as fast as if being chased by someone for some reason. I have no idea why, either. Carlos stopped for a second to catch his breath.

“Are we almost out of here?” He questioned.

“Yep.” I acknowledged as Cat and I stopped to take a break with him. “One more turn.”

“Alright, let’s get going before those two blow up everything,” Carlos stated before sprinting around the final corner.

“Wait for us, you muffinhead!” I exclaimed, dashing after him (along with Cat).

As we ran out of the metro station to Pine Park, the first thing we saw was a tree on fire, along with three people under it. I thought there were only two! We all paused from running.

“Guys? Aren't there supposed to be two? Because I don’t know about you, but I see not one, not two, not three!” Carlos exclaimed before pausing for a brief moment, recounting the group lighting the tree on fire, using his index finger. “I see three of them!”

“Remind me again how you passed primary school?” I questioned, facepalming.

“What do you mean ‘Aren't there supposed to be two?’ There have always been three!” Cat yelled.

“Lia and I only ran into two of them.” Carlos remarked, scratching his head. “The one in violet and the one in gray, I believe.”

Carlos is right for once. Let’s see if he can keep up the streak.

“Well, newsflash! There are three!” Cat explained, throwing her hands in the air. “And they call themselves the ‘Trouble Trio’.”

“That name is pretty absurd” Carlos stated before I kicked him in the shins.

“That name is not that absurd. It’s better than having no team name and having to call them ‘The Mysterious Muffinheads’, ” I whisper-yelled.

“But they could have come up with something more epic than ‘Trouble Trio!’” He defended, kicking me back.

Cat pushed us away from each other. “Stop arguing, you two! We need to prevent them from burning down the whole park.”

It’s not even my fault. Carlos started it, which gives me an opportunity to kick him in the shins. Even if it’s Medea’s job because Whiatt once described her as ‘The Shin Destroyer’.

“Then let’s move it!” Carlos exclaimed before sprinting down the short, concrete staircase towards that ‘Trouble Trio’.

I sighed before running after him. Cat followed along with me. Carlos pulled out his wea-pens and transformed them into two Glock 19s.