Chapter 2: Nice to Meet you. I'll Kick Your Kneecaps.

Liaanna's POV

August 3, five days until school starts, 12:50pm. 

I arrived at the place the letter said to meet, using my bicycle as transportation. I used the excuse to go to a new friend's house. I don't even know how that excuse even worked. I have zero friendship skills. I parked my bike and leaned it against the brick wall.

Right after I parked my bike, a security camera turned to look at me. Someone is definitely looking through that camera. A few bricks disappeared from the wall. Not like they fell out, they completely disintegrated. 

“What the honk? I muttered as a metal door took the place of the missing bricks. 

This place is messed up.

I opened the door and walked into an open area with bulletproof glass windows and titanium walls. Four other kids about my age stood in the middle of the area, talking to each other.

Okay, this place looks pretty cool. No longer messed up. Actually, I take that back. And to make this situation worse, I'm probably going to have to introduce myself.

“And there’s our final member! Come over here," Cat beckoned. I walked over to her, along with the others. 

"First things first, do all of you know why you're here, besides training, obviously," Cat asked us.

"Because there has been an increase in theft?" A girl with dirty blonde hair guessed.

 "Close enough, now you need to know each other's names in order to work together. You go first, then go clockwise, " Cat stated.

Called it. I hate introductions with a passion

She was pointing to the boy with brown hair and brown eyes. "Daniel," the boy stated.

"My name is Carlos," he said. 

"I'm Michael," the next kid introduced.

"My name is Liaanna, or you can call me Lia," I said shyly.

"My name is Makenna," she stated. 

"You already know me, I'm Cirah, or Cat, so moving on!" She explained. 

 Cat grabbed five colored wristbands with a black circle in the middle out of the pocket of her blue and orange cat-themed jacket. “I have these cool gadget things for you."

"What are those?" I questioned, pointing to the objects in Cat’s hands. 

Cat handed one to each of us. “I call them Gi Bands. This gadget helps you change into your ninja gi without any hassle and wasted time. It also has a built-in communicator for easy communication, along with an SOS system and GPS tracker, and an e-note system that is basically texting." 

"Do we wear it like a watch?" Daniel asked, buckling it onto his right wrist.

"Yes, also you have to wear it all the time in case of a short invasion notice, and it will come in handy to text people in class," Cat continued. 

"Sounds like a plan," Michael stated as he buckled on his Gi Band. 

"Now that all the boring stuff is over, let's have some fun and test these communicators, so hide in different places in the facility and say something completely random. I have one as well," Cat explained as everyone ran around to look for somewhere to go. 

It's time to figure out how dirty minded some people are.

Carlos’s POV
1:10pm

I ran past everyone and opened a brown and silver sliding door. The walls were a light tan, and the floor was made of silver-wood plates. There was a decent sized kitchen and a big living room.

"Alright, say something random," Cat explained through her communicator.

"Hey Lia, why are elevator jokes the best kind of jokes?" Daniel questioned through his communicator.

"I don't know, why?" Lia guessed through her communicator, annoyed.

"They are hilarious on many levels!" He answered.

I sat down on a nearby chair. That was the worst joke ever.

“Can someone trace the location of Daniel’s Gi Band and give me the location he's at so I can beat him up?" Lia suggested through her communicator. 

Oh, great. We haven't even known each other for an hour, and two of us are already fighting each other.

"No problem, I'm on it," Cat replied through her communicator.

There were clanging noises and loud commotion going on in the hallway. "Daniel, I'm gonna kick your kneecaps out of existence!" Lia yelled,  referring to the joke that my brother made.

“Ah, shoot!” Daniel exclaimed through his communicator.

Loud banging filled the room as Daniel happened to dash into the same room I’m in.

“Cover for me, please.” He panted, hiding behind a nearby counter.

“Nope. You brought yourself into that, and you will accept your fate,” I replied.

He pouted as he crossed his arms. He's a piece of burnt toast.

1:50pm

After the commotion between Lia and Daniel (which was completely unnecessary), we all headed back to the front of the facility to learn how to ‘use the Gi Band for its main purpose for wearing it every single day’.

At least that’s how Cat described it. She was standing in the middle of the open area where we did introductions, waiting for us. 

"Now, to use it, you need to touch the middle of the black circle," Cat explained. The gi should fit because it’s made of nanotechnology, for your convenience, obviously.

"Cool!" I exclaimed as I activated my Gi Band.

Apparently, everyone else activated theirs too because a flash of colors filled the room, and I almost got knocked off my feet, along with everyone else, except Daniel. 

"Ahh!" Daniel exclaimed as he slipped and fell backward.

Everyone chuckled at that action. Daniel is clumsy, After Michael helped him stand up, everyone was suited up. Except Cat.

The gis looked almost identical to each other, except for the accent color. My accent color is orange, my favorite color. I guess Cat knew it was my favorite somehow, or it was a wild guess.

"Daniel is red, Carlos is orange, Michael is yellow, Lia is emerald, Makenna is blue, and I am blue and orange," Cat explained. 

"What do we do now?" Makenna questioned, standing up.

I stood up too and deactivated it. This thing is so cool! Cat is awesome.

“Glad you asked. Lia, Carlos, and Daniel, Michael, y’all do weapon practice. There’s an instruction manual if you need help,” Cat replied. 

“What do I do?” Makenna asked, jogging up to Cat.

“You’re gonna help me with some gadget designing, because you told me that you aren't a ‘fighting’ type of person and would rather help me out,” Cat declared, grabbing a gray tool box and climbing stairs to a second level of the room.

“Got it,” Makenna acknowledged, following close behind her.

"Now, get a move on you four!" Cat yelled halfway up the stairs.

“Sorry, can’t hear you!” Daniel countered, cupping his hands by his mouth to yell louder.

Lia and I both smacked our foreheads at the comment as we headed over to the bench with the instruction manual.

I’m gonna have a fun afternoon.

Word Count: 1165