Chapter 3: Training Days: Part One》

Savvanna's POV
August 3, 6 days before school starts, 3:30 pm

After one hour of sparring against Vanessa (breaks included), we were dismissed to another break.

A girl looking around our age with long black hair tied in a low ponytail and a light gray mask covering her nose and mouth (Like a cloth Covid mask if you know what I mean) walked over to us, along with the master or supervisor guy.

"So, this is the so-called Ninja Squad that most of them look like complete idiots? " she asked.
"Hey!" Matthew exclaimed.

"Uh, we did not catch your name?" Daniel questioned.

"I did not throw it. I'm Cirah, or you can call me Cat, whichever you prefer" she introduced.

"Like the animal?" I guessed. "Partially right, Cat is also my initials" Cirah responded.
"Which are?" Vannessa inquired.

"Is she in the Ninja Sqaud?" Daniel walked over and asked.  "Oh heck no, I'm the man in the chair," Cirah joked.

"I'm not sure we need one, but you never know," Lia mumbled.

"Oh, you'll definitely need me, I help with location, important information, and escape routes, so there will be no hassle between you six while wasting purr-ecious time," Cirah explained.

We definitely need Cirah. She seems nice, so that's a plus.

"I'm also an inventor, so while you six were sparring, I made a paw-some gadget for you guys.

Try it out," Cirah reported. She tossed each of us a blackish-gray pen with a weird looking button on top.

"Oh great, Cirah uses cat puns," Vannessa whispered. "What in the world do we do with these?" Matthew asked.

"Like I said, try it out," Cirah repeated. I pressed a weird looking button on the pen, and it jerked out into a spear.

"Whoa!" I screamed as I caught it right on time. 

It must've read my mind because a spear is my favorite thing to hit people with. I made one at home once out of a long plastic pole for the handle and cardboard for the point.

"Ahh!" Matthew screamed as he fell backward along with what I believed to be a sword in a sheath.

"H-how did I not get murdered by that thing?" Matthew stuttered in fear.

"Because it's in a sheath, imbecile!" Daniel  shouted. "B-but, how does it still hurt?" Matthew questioned, still stuttering.

"Because A, you fell flat on your back, and B, the sword in the sheath fell on top of you!" Daniel shouted again.

Matthew got up from the ground and did some moves with the sword. 

"I swear, he is the dumbest twin ever," Daniel muttered. "Pardon, but you two are twins?" Makenna inquired.

"Yeah, what about it?" Daniel responded. "You don't even look alike!" Vannessa boomed.

True fact, but the only thing they have in common is a low level IQ (I assume) and brown eyes. "What even is this?" Makenna inquired as she pointed to the pen.

"Makenna, you are the smart one! You're supposed to give answers, not questions!" Vannessa exclaimed.

"Look, I'm not a know-it-all, okay? Everyone can ask questions!" She countered.

"It's called a wea-pen," Cirah answered as she pointed to the object.
"Haha, very funny name," Daniel joked.

"The Wea-pen is equipped with a fingerprint recognition button that detects the user that is activating it so it can transform into your weapon of choice, without needing any type of charging. It only has you guy's fingerprints registered, so only you guys can activate the Wea-pen," Cirah explained.

So that's how it knew I liked spears. Smart pen.

"All that in a regular-looking pen?" Matthew asked.

"Yep, and there's more stuff to come!" Cirah answered cheerfully.

"Oh gosh," I muttered.

"4:15pm, you guys are dismissed," the master guy explained.

We all said our goodbyes and walked down the three flights of stairs. Who the heck needs that many flights of stairs? They should seriously consider putting an elevator here.

Liaanna's POV
August 5, 4 days before school starts, 10:00am

I trotted up the three flights of stairs to participate in the next "meeting".

It's more like a try-not-to-miss-your-target-
or-else-someone-gets-injured-or-
murdered type of thing.

There are tons of dangerous weapons in that building!

If someone is not careful (Matthew precisely), someone could get hurt, and we have to figure out a lame excuse to tell our parents what happened.

We can't just tell them "Oh sorry, I cut my arm tonight because someone didn't put the katana its sheath and it was stabbed into the wall right next to where I was sitting (darn it, Daniel)!"

I don't know why, but the Jamija twins are the dumbest people I have ever met. Probably in the family.

I finished trotting up the stairs and creaked open the door. I walked over to everyone else who was standing over by the break bench.

It's time to get my revenge on Makenna for almost breaking my gut during sparring yesterday!

"Hey everyone, who's ready to get their butts kicked in training?" I asked everyone in a cheerful tone.

"Someone's happy," Vannessa observed.

"Yep, I am because I need to get back at someone for kicking me in the gut really hard yesterday!" I hollered.

"Apologies," Makenna admitted.
"Does anyone know where the master guy is? Savvanna asked.

"I don't know, but until he shows up, I'm in charge," Cirah told us as she walked over.

"So, what do we do?" Daniel asked her.

"For now, follow me to the indoor training room," Cirah said as she walked into the building.

Cirah walked pretty fast, about as fast as jogging. We all ran after her because we've never really been inside the facility, other than the intercom testing.

"There's so many hallways that it feels like we're in a giant corn maze at a summer fair or something!" Matthew hollered as he paused to catch his breath.

"Yeah, no kidding," Daniel agreed as he also paused to wait for Matthew.

Unlike them, I didn't wait. I didn't want to lose Cirah while going through the hallway-maze.

I decided to pick up the pace a little so I didn't lose her.

I glanced back at the rest of the Ninja Squad to make sure we were all here.

We were, but when I glanced back, Cirah was no longer in front of us.

We just got lost in our own facility.