18. Treasures upon treasures

(formatting note: "[Sage speaking]" vs [system notice] )

The doors open slowly in front of them revealing the inside of the vault. Immediately it is clear that this civilization was well off and very advanced for their time, being able to construct something as marvellous as this vault. The massive room probably reached the other side of the temples outside walls, fully decorated with patterns and supporting pillars, made entirely out of polished marble. Along the centre path of the vault pedestals displaying tools and weapons, magically floating a couple centimetres above. Along the walls there are chests overflowing with riches, gems, and other valuable looking items, some specially valuable looking ones on display on their own. On the other side of the vault there seemed to be a mini library full of old scrolls, as well as just a few books. As they walk their way in to the centre of the room each one of them stares around in amazement. In the centre of the room at the end of the path they reach a pedestal holding a strange gem, under it some text. Alex reads out loud and translates again for the others, "*To Alex, who accomplished the near impossible. As our recognition of your strength and ability, each and every item in this vault is yours to do with as you please. The gem upon this pedestal is intended for you, it is an evolution stone.*" May interrupts Alex, "*AN EVOLUTION STONE?!? I thought those things only existed in legends!!!*"
"*Woah really?*" Alex asks and May nods vigorously, "*okay... let me read the rest. This stone will increase your level automatically to the required level of the next evolution, as well as immediately fulfil all of its other requirements. With this we hope that you can become even stronger than you are now, to bring back our knowledge to the world.*" They had all gathered around the pedestal to admire the gemstone while Alex was reading. Elvan bending down to look at it from eye level, "*This is pretty damn impressive I must say. So what's the plan now that we found all this? Alex, I think its up to you...*" Alex takes a moment to think and look around the massive room, "*well uhm.. I don't know much about the value of things, so it would probably be best for you guys to look around. Would you mind if I take this stone to evolve in the meantime?*"
"*I think that's alright, should probably take a couple hours to look through all this stuff.*" Elvan says eyeing the scrolls and books. May and Carl were also looking at the weapons and riches respectively. "*Oh go on you three, its obvious you want to check this stuff out. I'll be out for a while.*" Each of them eagerly hurries off to look at the things they were eyeing, so Alex turns around and jumps landing on the pedestal as a slime. They go ahead and pick up the stone with their little slime arms.

[Do you wish to use the evolution stone to evolve?]

"***Yes. Lets see what my next evolution will be.***" Alex responds to the prompt

[Find a larger free area to evolve in, then evolution will commence.]

"***Hmm ok... ah.***" Alex heads over to the only corner of the vault that is completely empty, initially having found it strange for there to be nothing there but now grateful for not having to return outside.

[Surroundings are safe. Evolution is starting. Increasing level and stats to level 25. Consuming Magic crystals and applying them to the evolution.]

With that Alex's vision goes dark once again as they loose consciousness and evolve for a second time.

[Evolution from greater Magi slime to Sage Slime was successful. Magic cystals used to masively increase size, as well as strenght and purity of magic. Skill slime stomach evolved in to special skill; devour. Special skill; sage's guidance was unlocked. Skill; detection was unlocked through combination of magic sense and sound waves and air manipulation. Skill; slime transform increased to level 3. Skill; magic increased to level 3 increasing magic capacity.]