Chapter 4

For the next few hours, I did my own experiments with the shimmer. I used my crystal necklace to give the shimmer magical properties then I heated it up before pouring it into a glass. What is the purpose of this, you might be wondering? A cure for my sickness. I have what killed my parents and I'm not letting it take me like it took them, so I dedicated most of my time to medicine trying to find a cure. But nothing seemed to work then I remembered one of the Academy students found magical crystals. If I could get my hands on one, I might be able to work with it and combine it with the shimmer. That might work. I quickly got my mask on and left through the window. When I got to the academy, I jumped through one of the lower-level windows before going to Heimerdinger's lab. I quickly unlocked it with my lockpick before going inside and closing the door. Once there I quickly found what I needed and left as fast as I could going back to my house. I quickly went to my basement and put the crystal on the table and quickly put a glass filled with the last shimmer I had before throwing the crystal in it and putting my gem in with the items. The water started to bubble and glow bright pink before the blue gem dissolved into the liquid and it turned into a violet color "bottoms up" I said and downed it all in one go before I started feeling weird before running towards a mirror and what I saw will make any person jump for joy. The dark marks on my face disappeared like they were never there and I didn't feel like coughing constantly "it worked" I said still not believing the results "it actually worked!" I said with a huge smile on my face. I ran out the door only to see that it was dark. I quickly grabbed my mask before going back to the Undercity. When I got there the sun was slowly rising from the horizon and I went to the Crab factory and when I got there, I saw an enforcer talking to Silco...this should be good "first time I've ever been invited to the lanes. It better be worth my time" Marcus said and Silco sighed "you see that's your weakness Marcus, you carry your chin so high you fail to see the opportunity below" Silco said and I rolled my eyes 'oh brother' I thought "who are you?" Marcus asked him "you're looking for four children. The one's running circles around Piltover's finest" he said "what about it?" Marcus asked "don't look so concerned, I'm about to make your day" he said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. When Marcus left, I went after him. He went back to Piltover but apparently not for long when he came back with two other enforcers 'this can't be good' I thought as he went back to the Undercity and he threatened people wherever he could. He got to a man who was not cooperating before the man spit on his shoe and Marcus threw him through a window and all Vander's kids came into view "shit" I said as Marcus ordered the enforcers to search them. I saw something glowing in Powder's pocket before it went dark in the room and everyone made a run for it to the back door. I jumped on the roof before going over the building and watching them from the other side. I saw a group of enforcers in front of them and got a smoke grenade ready. Then I heard a door slam open before seeing the enforcers that were after them before running towards them. I sighed as I pulled the pin out of the smoke grenade and threw it on the ground as I heard a sharp whistle and the kids climbed up a ladder before the enforcers saw them and kicked it down "you need to hide those crystals" Vi told her sister "Yeah, no shit" Powder said as they went back to the Last Drop with me not far behind them. When we arrived, it looked like everyone from the Undercity was there and I mean that literally "we should hit them back! We got the numbers to beat em!" Sevika said slamming her hands on a table as I went to go sit in my usual booth "yeah let's teach them what it means to mess with us!" A man shouted and most of the patrons agreed as I watched Vander "you sure that's what you want?" He asked lighting his pipe "we crossed that bridge once before and we all know how that ended..." he said "you're just protecting your kids!" One of the patrons said and he looked back at the children "I'm protecting our people. I'd do the same for any one of you. This will blow over; we just need to stand together" he said and Sevika scowled at him "the Vander I knew, the one who built the Underground wouldn't be afraid to fight" she said and I rolled my eyes as he went closer to her "do I look afraid?" He asked towering over her but she stood her ground "no, you look weak" she said before whistling and a few others followed her out the door as I watched the children "why isn't he doing anything?" Claggor asked "we kicked the enforcers butts with just the 4 of us, imagine what the whole of the lanes could do" Powder said "sheesh, even Powder wants to fight" Milo said "so why aren't we?" Vi asked and was about to go downstairs and Ekko looked around like he knew something as Vi stopped and looked at him "spill it Ekko" she said and he looked at her "well...okay...Vander's got a deal with the enforcers..." he said and her eyes went wide "what deal?" She asked and he went downstairs with them. A few hours later it was quiet in the Last Drop when suddenly Marcus showed up with two enforcers "welcome to the Last Drop" Vander said before looking up and seeing them as they went over to the bar "what can I get ya?" He asked them "four sump rats will do" he said before turning to one of his men "search the place" he said before the guard went downstairs. I went after the enforcer as quietly as I could and when he closed the door to the kids' room, I knocked him out as the kids came out of hiding "what the hell are you doing?" Vi asked as I put on the enforcer uniform and mask "keeping the peace. I'll be back for him later" I said as I went back upstairs and Marcus looked at me. I shook my head which caused him to scowl at Vander "you people down here are all the same. Mistaking arrogance for bravery. You think you're standing up for something, but we all know there's a crime behind every coin that passes through this place" he said before turning to Vander "you're just a small man in a little hole the world forgot to burry" he said before smashing the glass on the bar and turning back around "and I'm going to burry the lot of you" he said and we left. Once outside I quickly ran to the back of the building before getting out of that stinking uniform and going in through the back as Vander came downstairs "what are you doing?" He asked and I rolled my eyes "relax Vander" I said and he looked surprised before I went inside and took the enforcers body "thanks for keeping it on ice for me" I told the kids dragging the body out back and I threw him in a garbage bin. I laughed as I went to my hideout. Once I got there, I went to the bathroom to get the smell of enforcer off me when I heard a scream and looked in the general direction to see it was coming from the cannery. I quickly dressed myself and went to check out what was going on. 

Once I arrived I saw a monstrous creature that kind of looked like the one I fed all that shimmer to

Once I arrived I saw a monstrous creature that kind of looked like the one I fed all that shimmer to. I guess that was Deckard's punishment for disobeying Silco. I followed them from the rooftops before they stopped and in front of them enforcers were coming out of Benzo's shop with Vander in handcuffs. Silco ordered Deckard to kill all the enforcers except for Marcus who was just cowering in a corner. While the others were recovering, Silco decided to show himself "Silco? You animal, go crawl back to whatever hole you came out of!" Benzo said and walked towards Silco with a pipe "you never did know when to walk away" he said as Vander tried to get Benzo to stop. He was about to hit Silco with a pipe but Deckard intervened and killed him instantly. Vander fell to his knees and the enforcer spoke up "what the hell have you done? This wasn't the deal!" He said and I rolled my eyes "deal's changed" he said throwing a bag of coins at him and he signaled to Deckard to knock Vander out which he did. They dragged Vander's body back to the cannery while Ekko followed them. I quickly went after them and waited on the roof for them to enter the building. They dragged Vander to the bridge as the other henchmen continue to work "it's a little crude, I'll admit. The base violence necessary for change but we both know topside won't listen to anything else...."