Morning

Feolis:

I woke with a start to darkness. I paniced a little before rolling over and realized it was just Arens wing. I looked down at my body, at her wing lying across me. At the one black feather lying across my chest. On impulse I grabbed it and pocketed it, before I looked back at the wing.

Slowly, I brought my hand up and slid it along the wing. It was so much smoother than I thought. I stroked it and then looked over at her. She lay on her stomach with her head on her arms, her hair flowing over her hands. There was a pool of dried alien blood around her left leg.

I frowned and shoved the wing off of me. I crawled down to her leg, noticing my own was wrapped and clean. I tried to pull her pant leg up but it was stuck, so I had to retrieve a knife from my pocket and cut it away.

I winced at the mess and looked around for something to clean it with. After a moment of listening I located a small pool of water, spreading from water dripping from the ceiling.

I pulled my shirt over my head and drenched it with water. I returned to her leg and quickly rinsed the black blood away, surprised at the amount of scars already there. Then I wrapped it and leaned back to admire my handiwork.

I found my eyes drawn back to Arens face. Her eyes were creased with what appeared to be frustration. Her tail flicked angrily. Her hands formed into claws and a low growl emenated from her chest. I hesitantly layed my hand on her back, between her wings and slowly rubbed.

She exhaled slowly and relaxed. I grinned and removed my hand, just as she woke.

She made a small noise and then stood, stretching, moving her arms above her head and stretching her wings to their full length out to the sides. I gasped at their beauty and Aren opened her eyes, only to hiss and move back out of the sunlight, sheilding her eyes with her hand.

I had forgotten. Her home planet was cold and dark. It was why her eyes were black, why all their eyes were black. Because they rarely saw light. She must not be used to it yet.

As she shyed back away from the ray of the sun she put weight on her leg. She hissed in pain and the leg buckled. She fell to the ground, but I jumped forward and caught her in my arms. She looked at me in surprise, eyes wide. My hands bunched in her feathers and I held her like that entirely to much longer than I should have.

I sat her down and sat beside her. I examined my own leg, "Thank you for taking care of this." I murmered.

"Ditto," she looked down, touching the wrapped wound. I nodded and tried not to think about taking her clothes off. Dang, there was so much wrong with my thoughts right now. What the hell?

Aren:

I watched him carefully, closely. "Why did you help me?" He frowned and then shrugged. That human movement I enjoyed so much. It was good enough for me.

I backed away further into the shadows and looked around at the cave I had not seen so well last night. There were stalactites and stalagmites but other than that I didn't know much about Earths caves.

I found that they reminded me alot of my home though. Dank, dark and empty. I sighed and slowly sat back down, being wary of my leg wound.

"So, what do we do now?" Feolis questioned.

"I am not going anywhere until night," I said, resisting the urge to glance at the sun. I loved the humans' sun but it pained me greatly to look at it. I looked closer at him. "You have something on your conjunctiva." I said, standing up and moving to him.

"My what?" He sounded utterly lost.

"The mucous membrane covering the inner eyelid and the front of the eyeball. Can you not feel it?" He put a hand to his right eye.

"Yeah, I figured whatever it was would get out when it felt like it." He said nonchalantly.

I shook my head, "It does not work like that. I studied the human body extensively."

He looked at me strangely, "It was a phase," I growled, "now hold still."

I fought against him as I forced his lid back and grasped the piece of fuzz in his eye.

"Ow!" He glared at me with one eye, covering the other watery one with his hand. I shrugged and flicked the fuzz away.

"You are welcome." I said, still surprised at the attraction I felt to his naked torso beneath my hands.